3,623 results
All reviews evening reception navy pier made to order breakfast sky lobby great location whole foods managers reception long line free breakfast cocktail hour living room pull out couch street level self parking magnificent mile corner suite michigan ave
Reviewed April 1, 2012

THE GREAT

To start off the location was great within 1 square mile to everything. The valet parking was great I do not recall his name but the big guy at vallet was very respectable to deal with. Very professional and made you feel like a VIP. Gonzalo at the front desk did the same. He had comp tickets to the House of Blues which was awesome. The managers drinks, and breakfast made the price of the hotel worth it. Other reviews about the drinks and breakfast stated long lines. All I have to say is if the alcohol was not free then you would not have to worry about the line and the same with breakfast the time waiting in line is worth the cost again which is free they also turned the tables over quick and set up extra tables so finding a place to sit and eat was no wait. Alcohol and snacks value each night was 30 bucks for the 3 of us and the snacks were a nice touch. Breakfast I would value that at 45 for the 3 of us each day with tip for the amazing omelets. The view was nice being on the 15th floor. Everyone we came in contact with seems to take pride in their job not matter their job title and focused on the customer experience.

THE BAD

Now the places in need of improvement.

The signage needs improved to know how to get to the front desk
The room needs maintence wallpaper peeling door damage and light socket broken mini fridge not cold need better qality shampoo and soap and no bathrobe found. The pool is very small long but half the with of a regular pool and the hottub was not hot.

THE UGLY

Was LIED to about the parking being included with the reservation I asked multiple times to the reservation lady ouch 100 bucks for 2 days I did not expect. I know we could have left but we were there and the things that happened above made it a little easier to swallow.

NO FREE INTERNET seriously I get free Internet at the 50 a night at a crappy hotel and I paid 300 a night hotel with Internet that cost 15 bucks for 24 hours

Overall I will return it was an overall great experience once there.

Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Recently stayed here, building looked good from the outside, on the map the location also looked good and so too was the lobby, but that's there were things stops.

The rooms smelled and I rate them at a category 2. If I had to be in the area, I probably would pick the Shearton which is a block away. Lesson learned, don't be fooled by the pictures on the website.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

I chose this hotel because it's close to the Gleacher Center where I was attending a class. I found my room to be in need of some updating. For example, there were numerous marks on the wall, the lamp shades were soiled and the shower handle was falling apart. The breakfast is very good, especially the omlettes.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We pre registered because we arrived in Chicago before our check in time. The lady at the front desk told us to go ahead and enjoy the free breakfast! The made to order omlettes were fantastic, and the selection was phenomenal. The lobby was gorgeous! I loved the fountains and foliage. There were plenty of elevators for the large crowd of stylists there for America's Beauty Show. Our room was spacious and clean, and I can't imagine having a bad view! All staff were extremely polite and welcoming. If I come back to Chicago, I will definitely consider coming back here!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Embassy Suites are our choice for the breakfast, room size and evening reception. All those reasons were factors in choosing this hotel in general.

Specific to this location is the wonderful view of Lake Michigan and the convenient location to downtown and the Magnificent Mile. In addition, the staff was welcoming and gracious from reception to the bartender.

The hotel is one block off of the main transit lines, but a comfortable walk to them or to Millennium Park (just across the river).

I'll stay here again.