3,555 results
All reviewsevening receptionnavy piermade to order breakfastsky lobbygreat locationmanagers receptionwhole foodsfree breakfastlong linecocktail hourliving roomstreet levelpull out couchself parkingmagnificent milemichigan avecorner suite
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a 3 day Valentine getaway! The suite was very clean and spacious. The staff was pleasant and gave us recommendations for dinner and clubs. The Managers Reception in the evening had a nice selection of free drinks and munchies. The cook to order breakfast was extremely nice. We used the workout facility and found it to be very clean as well. We are already talking about when we can return to visit again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for five nights and was pleasantly surprised each day by how helpful and friendly the staff was. The front desk staff was awesome. Clementine was a superstar – friendly and engaging.

In my online reservation I requested a high floor and a corner room. My request was honored. I have stayed in both a corner room and a normal room. It is true that the corner room was very quiet. Request it if you are a light sleeper or want total quiet. I was not bothered by noise in the normal room, but I was on the top floor so that might have been the reason. The rooms are a bit smaller than other Embassy Suites were I have stayed in the past. I stayed by myself so it wasn’t an issue.

Breakfast looked very tasty – bacon, sausage, pancakes, scrambled eggs, made to order omelets, potatoes, biscuits, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal and pastries. It was hard to resist all the options and stick to my healthy new year’s resolutions, but I had lots of fresh pineapple and cantaloupe. Unfortunately, there was not fresh cut fruit on the weekend – only oranges. I did notice long lines for the made to order items.

The manager’s reception was great too. There was an open bar serving wine, beer, sangria, mixed drinks and non alcoholic options. Again too bad I was not drinking alcohol, but I had several club sodas with lime . On busy nights there is a long line, had to wait about 10 minutes. There were also snacks – salsa, hummus, olives, snack mixes, and nuts. No line for the food.

Another great amenity was the three computers in the lobby with free printing. If you are looking to feed yourself there is a grocery store (Dominick’s) right across the street and a Trader Joe’s within walking distance. For shopping and dining Michigan Avenue is about two blocks away. I took public transportation to and from O’Hare. The bus stops are less than a block from the hotel and connect right to the train. Super easy to get yourself to the hotel for less than 3 bucks.

Two complaints. The heat in my room was not very powerful. Maid service was slow. One night they did not get to my room until after 6pm. The maid service carts were in the hallways for most of the day. And it took awhile for the cleaning staff to pick up dirty dishes from the hallway.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you do not want to hear the noise from the lobby ask for a room on a high floor. For more peace and quiet ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank reflection6
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This property is in a great location and is maintained very well. We were checked in by a very friendly associated named Dinah who upgraded us to a corner king suite overlooking both the lake and the city. She was only topped by our housekeeper, Monique. This hotel was crawling with unsupervised children and apparently their rooms revealed this as well as they were being trashed. Monique was so impressed that we kept our room orderly that she brought us a thank you note with some refreshments. She made our day! This type of personal touch by staff will definitely get us to return to this property, despite the excessive amount of unattended children.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Dinah at the front desk was extremely helpful and excellent people skills! We needed an adjustment to our bill and change of room, Dinah made things happen. It's nice to see people enjoying their jobs! Our stay was very comfortable and affordable, we will definitely go back!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The rooms were small, but the staff are friendly and helpful. Everyone from the front desk to the cooking staff at breakfast were GENUINELY friendly. Breakfast quality was better than most Embassy's I have encountered with wide selection and high quality ingredients. Heater was quiet which is a huge plus for me.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business