“A Sure Winner!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Chicago, Illinois
“A Sure Winner!!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We were looking for a place to grab breakfast after a Saturday night in the city. When we saw the line outside, we decided to give it a shot and we were glad we did. The Bloody Mary's were the best I ever had and served along with a short Miller Genuine Draft. I went with the Fried Egg Sandwich and it was incredible. She went with the Fried Chicken Benedict, another winner. If you are visiting Chicago or even if you are a local, this is a sure winner.

• Visited February 2014

Chicago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love Dunlay's”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My favorite neighborhood hangout in Logan Square. Half-price burgers on Wednesdays. $5 wine on Tuesdays.

Visited January 2014
Mississippi
“Great for the Whole Family”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at Dunlay's several times and have always enjoyed the experience. Our latest visit was just a few weeks ago, when we were visiting our daughter and her family (husband, two young children--boy, 4, girl, 2). All 6 of us ate there. My wife and I got a spinach/artichoke dip, with chips, and a flatbread that was really a thin-crust pizza. We also got sweet potato fries. I also got a sample of three different local beers. As always, the food was excellent and plentiful (we ate leftovers at another meal a day or two later). Prices are moderate, service is good, and the atmosphere is appropriate for the area. The children ate free. Well worth a visit if you've never been there.

• Visited October 2013
Warren, Rhode Island
“Nice Location - Great Food - Don't Miss the Monkey Bread!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I went here with my husband and our good friend. My husband and I were visiting our friend who recently moved to Chicago in the Logan Square Area. This was our last meal before heading to the airport, and it was a great last meal in Chicago!

We had attended Mass at 11:30, and were ready for a nice Sunday brunch/lunch. We wandered over to Logan Square and found this place. The wait was half an hour which was not bad considering it was quite crowded and some of the other restaurants in the area were up to an hour and a half wait.

Our server was extremely friendly, and attentive, will get to that in a bit.

We decided to start off with the Beer Cheese with Chips. It was not as I expected in a good way. I thought it was going to be a thin cheese dip, but it was thicker and delicious. Our server saw that we still had dip left but we were out of chips, so she came over and asked if we'd like more chips...which we did. I thought that was a nice touch.

Our friend and I ordered the Grilled chicken sandwich. It was very flavorful and delicious, the basil mayo was quite good as well, they did put a lot on, so I did remove some of it from the sandwich. They had forgotten to put the cheese on my sandwich, but it was so delicious without it that I did not mind. I had sweet potato fries. My friend enjoyed his chicken sandwich as well, and made the same comment about he liked the basil mayo.

My husband ordered the cuban sandwich. He really enjoyed it, and said it was spicy which is unlike the other cuban sandwiches he has had. He thought it was the best one he had eaten.

After lunch, we decided to indulge and ordered the Monkey Bread as a dessert (even though it is listed as a breakfast item) It was delicious - it was a bread with cinnamon, and a sugary glaze. It came out in a cast-iron pan and the way it's made you can just rip off the pieces. We all agreed that it was super delicious.

All in all, I thought this was a great meal to top off a great vacation. I would recommend this place, and hope to revisit it when I go again to visit my friend!

• Visited June 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Love the Salmon and Ribs”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Son moved to the neighborhood not long ago and wanted to try out this restaurant. Very family oriented, very nice children's menu with good selections. I always have the grilled Salmon and my husband tried the ribs which he said were very good. Parking is a little tight on the street and can be a little difficult to get to because of the intersection of many streets. Would help to have a GPS. Another great restaurant a few doors down but not suitable for children unless they have esoteric tastes. Try it out, I think you will like it.

• Visited December 2012