“Mouthwatering”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Description: Lou Malnati’s opened the doors to its 33rd pizzeria on Monday, July 4, 2011. Located at 1120 N. State Street in the city’s Gold Coast neighborhood, this pizzeria is the company’s new flagship location, and has the largest seating capacity of all the Malnati restaurants to date. Lou Malnati's is famous for its Chicago-style deep dish pizza and has become a staple for local Chicagoans, as well as a mandatory destination for tourists.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our driver from the airport recommended this place and we were not disappointed! We are a pizza loving family (is there any other kind?) and fell in love with this deep dish variety. The crust was so tasty and not bready or soggy. The fillings were fresh, delicious, and generous - I guess that's the point of deep dish, right? Unfortunately, we couldn't finish our pie and did not have a fridge in our hotel so we had to leave the extra. Finally, the atmosphere was lively, there was a good selection of beer, and my wine was fine.

There are newer reviews for Lou Malnati's Pizzeria

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I long ago decided I did not like deep dish pizza, with its thick, bread-like crust, which overwhelmed the toppings. One bite of the Chicago deep dish pizza at Lou Malnati's and I completely changed my mind! The crust is more like a pastry crust, not at all bread-y, but buttery, rich, and crisp on the bottom. On top of that is a thick cheese layer topped by crushed, not pureed, tomato. One slice is so hearty that you need nothing else except, perhaps, the house salad with its truly delicious vinaigrette. I'm a convert to Chicago-style deep dish! Now if I could only find it on the West Coast.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stopped in here as part of a food tour. My wife thought it was the best deep dish she's had; I still ever-so-slightly prefer Giordano's. In any case, it was terrific, with a very tasty, surprisingly classy side salad. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Lou Malnati's is the place for a great Chicago style deep dish pizza. Since the pizzas take about 30 minutes to cook, try the stuffed spinach bread while you wait. The hot, house made crusty loaf is stuffed with a creamy blend of cheeses, fresh spinach, garlic, onion and tomato and served with a side of fresh marinara sauce full of tomatoes.

The "Lou" deep dish is a classic especially for veggie lovers-spinach, mushrooms and sliced roma tomatoes. No wait on a Sunday early afternoon.

Sign up for their email list for coupons, although we got our coupons after we visited.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We are not fans of deep dish pizza so when friends of ours wanted to go to Lou Malnati, we weren't so sure but we got there and ordered the thick crust. It was a little tomatoey but crisp. We had the spinach topping which was pretty good. Not a gourmet pizza but not bad. Place is loud so goes well with toddlers and kids. Good time, average food.