“Great pizza!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Description: Lou Malnati’s opened the doors to its 33rd pizzeria on Monday, July 4, 2011. Located at 1120 N. State Street in the city’s Gold Coast neighborhood, this pizzeria is the company’s new flagship location, and has the largest seating capacity of all the Malnati restaurants to date. Lou Malnati's is famous for its Chicago-style deep dish pizza and has become a staple for local Chicagoans, as well as a mandatory destination for tourists.
Detroit, Michigan
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great little pizza place for traditional, Chicago style pizza. Clean, friendly staff and we got to see Vince Vaughn walk in and eat there!

Visited April 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Best pizza I've ever had, bar none.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I'm not normally a huge fan of deep dish, as a former New Yorker, I'm partial to thin crust. I tried three other well known pizza places while in Chicago on business and found them to be average, however I stumbled on Lou M's place after exiting the bookstore next door. I was not prepared for the paradigm shift that was about to occur! I've been converted! I have never, in my 40 years, had pizza this good! The sauce with chunks of tomatoes made the pizza. I will be mail ordering some pies regularly because now that I'm back home I can't stop thinking about it....it's that great! Waiter was outstanding, hostess was either confused or rude, can't figure out which. Get a seat outside.... The extra wait is worth it.

• Visited April 2013
Mumbai
“Great deep dish pizzazz!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great pizzas, greater atmosphere, especially if it's a summer evening and you get a table outside!

The service was super, deep-dish pizzas may not be for everyone, but I loved them.... especially if you are really hungry. The range of drinks was also pretty decent.

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great casual atmosphere”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have dined at Malnati's a few times now and really enjoy it each time. Be prepared... if you order a pizza, it takes 30-35 minutes to cook. I like the pizza (we always get thin crust), but it isn't my favorite (Pizzeria Via Stato is my fave on State Street), but it is very good. My favorite item on the menu is the Malnati Salad. I crave it! A great place to watch your favorite sports team, the atmosphere has a casual elegance. Wait staff is very knowledgeable and friendly.

• Visited March 2013
Granger, Indiana
“Great Chicago deep dish pizza!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Malnati's always has fantastic deep dish pizza - and this location was no exception. I had never been to this location before. Very nice, industrial looking. Their sauce, made with the fresh tomatoes is fantastic. Food was great, service was good.

• Visited April 2013