“Calumet Fisherie- Seafood Heaven”
Review of Calumet Fisheries

Calumet Fisheries
Ranked #647 of 9,903 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 24, 2012

As I mentioned in another review, I decided to for go the Ho-Chunk Casino and Buffet this year for some Closer-to-home fair. Calumet Fisheries and Horseshoe Casino was on the radar.
Calumet Fisheries is located on 95th street on the far east side of town(on the way towards Hammond Indiana and the Horsehoe Casino. Since I missed my Friday Buffet at Ho-Chunk, I thought I'd visit Calumet Fisheries instead. Absolutely delicious!!! I ordered a Shrimp Dinner which came with Fries, Cole Slaw and some of the best damm Shrimps around!!! I asked for them to be cooked hard and they were perfect!

Calumet Fisheries has every kind of fish you want. They even have "Smoked" fish, Eel, Mushrooms and Fried Macaroni?

Another thing about Calumet Fisheries, it's a take-out place AND YOU BETTER BRING CASH! No Credit Card purchases allowed(Although they DO have an ATM inside).

Head East on 95th to Calumet Fisheries(You can't miss the place) it's right before the Bridge/Place Where they filmed the Blues Brothers (Jake and Elroy) jumping the bridge to avoid the Police.

Love Seafood? Visit Calumet Fisheries they are open late!!!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I made the trek to Calumet Fisheries to see what the buzz was! A James Beard Award! Anthony Bourdain loved it! Well, I did too-- BUT: cash only, counter service and not a table in sight! It's too bad, because I hate eating in my car, and the food was the finest smoked salmon I've ever had and unbelievable perch. Wow.

1  Thank Wolffgeo
Reviewed July 8, 2012

It is really hard to impress me with fried food, I mean really difficult. The fried shrimp were good, but the fried scallops were even better! I also took home smoked shrimp (to die for) and smoked salmon (breakfast, anyone?). The employees gave us such wonderful customer service and helped me make a great decision on food. Calumet Fisheries does not get any more local than this. The prices were reasonable for the amount and quality of food we received. Bring your cash (cash only place) and enjoy a great local place for fried and smoked fish.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Don't be put off by the small building and street parking. This place is a real find for good smoked fish. We tasted the trout, salmon and shrimp and all were outstanding! Fries were tasty too. My son loved the fried smelt and we all loved the sauces. Service was great. Worth the trip.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Owner seems burned out locals don't eat there only tourists from Mi & WI on the way to lake houses
Our visit two years ago the smoked shrimp truly was the poor man's lobster. This time the fish was flat and dry, husband choked on a bone, that was nice, my smoked shrimp was gamey. Best thing was the fried mushrooms. Would I traverse the rotten hood to get there again? No.

1  Thank iwearblack