“Sunshine through cold and wind! School group success!”
Review of Spirit of Chicago

Spirit of Chicago
Book In Advance
More Info
$27.79*
and up
Lake Michigan Speedboat Ride
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spirit of Chicago delivers the most entertaining and unique combination of dining, dancing, entertainment and spectacular views. Groups up to 600 will enjoy buffet dining, an interactive cruise emcee, dance music and incredible skyline views – all for one affordable price. The Spirit of Chicago offers a unique space for any event or celebration. Perfect for client entertaining, group parties, networking events, socials & more! Private space and customized cruises available. Cruising year-round from Navy Pier.
St. Joseph, MI
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Sunshine through cold and wind! School group success!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

As a class adviser for a rambunctious group of 240 high school seniors I was a bit nervous about emarking on a cruise, on the lake, in Chicago, at night. My senior class council begged me and I started making arrangements as well as feeling out parents and administration. I got the go ahead from everyone at this end so we started planning. Marci and her crew were amazing! We spoke as often as needed and arranged for as least 150 of us to cruise the beautiful lakefront and celebrate Lakeshore HS Graduation 2012.
Some of our students had never even been to Chicago so the trip was even more memorable for them. The staff at Spirit made the night absolutely amazing!
We are from a small resotish town in southwest Michigan so a charter bus was in order. After a mishap or two getting all the kids on the bus, we were on our way. We left Stevensville and it was 79 degress and sunny, but when we arrived in Chicago it was a very breezy and cold 58 degrees! The white caps on the lake told me out trip might not go as planned. Inside I was sad for the kids.
Of course no one was really prepared for the weather change but it really didn't matter. This was spring in the midwest! The kids were so excited no one really seemed to mind.
As we boarded the Spirit everyone was very welcoming. Pictures were taken, just like on the huge cruise ships!
Very soon after we were all on board, the DJ started playing music, the kids got their sea legs and food started coming out!

The food was really very good! They offered something for everyone including our vegetarians! The kids were allowed to eat as much as they wanted and all agreed it was great! Desserts were great as well, but who had room?

The DJ (wish I could remember his name) played exactly what the kids wanted so much so that kids from another senior celebration came down and enjoyed out party! Great!! More for the party!

We were nervous about the kids having free range of upper decks but there was absolutely no worry. They had fun meeting another group of seniors from mid state Illinois and mingled well with others who were not from our party. Availability to alcohol was never a factor.

Since this was May 30, 2012... the first official fireworks of the season were ours to behold! We braved the cold and wind and were so pleased to witness fireworks over the skyline of the great city of Chicago! What an incredible vantage point! I am sure that they will never forget this experience.

Kudos to the staff of Spirit of Chicago, Marci and her gang! Thanks for making our experience absolutely unforgettable!

Visited May 2012

• Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Work Event on The Spirit of Chicago Cruise”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My department celebrated recent successes with a fireworks cruise on The Spirit of Chicago. We had a fantastic time! The cruise was packed, but we had a private window-side table for dinner. And there is plenty of room to stretch out on the decks. I would recommend this for a company party--the location at Navy Pier can't be beat.

El Segundo, California
“lunch on the lake”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

very enjoyable. we were able to see some of the air show activity. food was delicious. this is our yearly event while in Chicago.

Lexington, Kentucky
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Amazing ride”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was truly a wonderful experience, although it was very pricey. Since my boyfriend and I were celebrating, we spent a little more, and it was a beautiful ride and fireworks, but I don't know that I would spend that much again.

Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Event of the Summer”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had such a fabulous time on the Moonlight Cruise, Saturday the 11th of August. I worked with Lucy Sharkey as my sales rep. Lucy made this event most enjoyable because she was excited every time I called which increased my excitement. My group had an incredible turn out, the weather was nice, and everything went exactly as planned.
The Dj was awesome and my friends said that this was the best event of the summer. Looking for a great night on the town with the most amazing view? Navy Pier and The Spirit of Chicago is a great choice.