“Not what I thought”

Ranked #105 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Fishers, Indiana
“Not what I thought”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

I've stayed in only two other downtown hotels( The Swissotel & The Hyatt ) and they both blow this W away! The lobby is beautiful, and the staff was friendly & professional. Maybe because I had a 'King Superior" room and not a suite. The view was of other buildings and roofs and the bathroom was probably, originally a closet. The room was neat but it seemed as if the carpet was just thrown down. For the price( $261 ), I should have tried somewhere else. Just my opinion!

• Stayed April 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 7, 2011

The hotel is nice and the rooms are very modern and spacious. Best experience was meeting with Laurelin in conciege! She was so sweet and spent so much actually planning out my many nights I've stayed at this hotel. She even sent up champagne and chocolates to get the evening started. She is by far the best and knows her stuff - best restaurants, happy hours, and after hour spots. Recommend visiting her if you are at this hotel for a stay...

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I was facing an overwhelming workload in the office and knew I needed to put long hours in at the office. Laurelin Hefter recommended I spend a night at the hotel to eliminate my commute and to provide me with some relaxation. She was so right. I was able to put in a long day at work and then have an incredibly relaxing experience which helped me be refreshed and able to get a lot done the next day. I am sure I will indulge myself with a night at the W-Chicago City Center several times this year.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Just spent 2 great days here at this hotel unwinding and I can say that the concierge service given by Laurelin was impeccable. She made sure we were lined up for the best restuarants, and lounges and made our stay memerobale...

Cheers KT

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Bed Bugs...need I say more. I am still recovering from the bites. I was in this hotel for three nights. I noticed the first bite the morning of my second night and didn't think anything of it. On my final morning, I woke up to groups of bits on my left side and back.

1 Thank MLPTraveler
WChicagoCityCenter, Manager at W Chicago - City Center, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Based on the direct communication with the General Manager at W Chicago City Center, a thorough investigation by ORKIN Commercial Services has been completed. We are please to announce that their investigation showed no evidence of bed bug infestation in either room that you had occupied. We value your loyalty to our properties and take these concerns very seriously. Please contact us directly at 312-332-1200 for further discussions.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This is a very nice hotel with a great concierge, Laurelin Hefter, who is smart, unfailing pleasant, and extremely efficient. Check in was very nice with hot chocolate, chocolate covered pretzels and a platinum upgrade. We have a conference room, which was well arranged, stocked, and Laurelin made she everyone found it and could get internet. The restaurant menu is too "out there", I had the bucatini for lunch, a pasta dish that tasted like spaghetti with bacon bits (the fake ones not the real ones), service was tepid. Bar menu (only thing available on Sunday evening) was incredibly limited and service was tepid. I think the hotel would benefit from a menu-redo in both bar and restaurant, with a bit more to cater to the traveller. Moreover, the internet got spotty during the day Tuesday???? Can't say why??? Some great people work here, my room was very nice, but mixed bag due to lack of dining arrangements in the winter season when southern travelers don't want to go outside.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 25, 2011

- Great location with the added benefit of excellent service particularly from concierge Hefter, Laurelin. She went out of her way to help me prepare for an unexpected official meeting.