“Gorgeous Hotel and FANTASTIC hotel bar and MIXOLOGIST!”

W Chicago - City Center
Ranked #105 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Rome, Italy
“Gorgeous Hotel and FANTASTIC hotel bar and MIXOLOGIST!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel room was gorgeous. I had a king room on the 5th floor overlooking West Adams street and the room was divine-- amazing bed & bedding, great bathroom, nice closet, iron, tv, etc. I loved the hotel.

Make sure you see Josh King at the hotel bar. He is the resident mixologist and he makes the most delicious drinks! I recommend the Midnight Rose: pomegranate and raspberry cocktail with chamomile foam on top. YUM!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking West Adams are a bit louder-- but I enjoy the sounds of traffic.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Korean first
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We used our Starwood points to have a weekend trip to Chicago. The W staff was inquisitive pre-trip and provided several recommendations. When we arrived they upgraded our room which caught me off guard because we were using points and I figured they would stick us in the closet. The room was spacious and trendy. The bed was comfortable and the snack amenities and in room dining was good. We loved the truffle fries. Great location to Bank of America Theater and Willis Tower. Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts on adjacent corners, too.

Room Tip: Stayed on 8th floor away from the elevator and near the fire exit. External noise was hardly noticea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
Reviewed March 3, 2013

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband made reservations at this hotel for our weekend trip to Chicago and I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoy a unique hotel experience and appreciate all the little bits of flare and personality this hotel offers. The service and concierge was wonderful.

The room was modern and comfortable. Had a lot of techy aspects which I enjoyed. We stayed in a regular king room and we were pleased. The bed looks as though it's suspending in the air and there are cool lights underneath it you can turn on. I was fascinated with this. The linens were plush and clean and the bathroom was great as well. If you're into the traditional room with the typical armoire or wood desk and dresser, this will not interest you. The vibe of the hotel is very unique and the lobby has fabulous mood lighting and almost feels like a lounge (photo included). White leather seating with these fabulous oversized lamps. It was modern and fresh with an interesting flair that I enjoyed. It was in an old building so you had some traditional and very interesting architectural elements that made it special. There's a great restaurant inside. You can hang out in the lobby and feel like you've been somewhere if you're into into going out. The bar has a good vibe too. The concierge was VERY helpful and they had coffee available in the morning and hot tea with sweet treats in the afternoon.

The location is great right down the street from the trains. Very convenient to walk to some shopping and restaurants as well. We walked or took the train almost everywhere we went and it was a blast. They also have a chauffeur available to take you to your destination. It was available most of the time (you could make a reservation or do walk-up if you weren't in a hurry). It was an Acura SUV and the chauffeur was fantastic. He helped us plan our next day and gave us advice on how to get back to the hotel (since they didn't offer pick up service back to the hotel). Overall, we were very pleased and I would stay there again without a doubt. Hope this helps you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
WChicagoCityCenter, Review Management at W Chicago - City Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a great review of the W Chicago City Center. I am very pleased to hear that you had such a great experience and that our team provided you excellent service throughout your visit.

I am happy that you were able to utilize our concierge services and that they were so helpful. As you mentioned our complimentary Acura Experience is a great perk for getting around the city. You also mentioned your wonderful experience in our unique and modern "Living Room" as well as at our "Living Room Bar" and amazing restaurant IPO featuring Chef Trevor Hoyte's new urban cuisine. As no positive visit is complete without a great room to rest your head in I am happy to see that you enjoyed our newly renovated modern rooms with all of the unique features.

Finally as there are many locations here in Chicago we do have the luxury of being in such a central downtown location making it convenient to all that the "Windy City" has to offer including all of the convenient transportation options that are close to our hotel.

It was a pleasure reading your review and all of us look forward to welcoming you back to the W Chicago City Center in the near future.

Travel safe and travel often,

Dillon Elkin
Review Management
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I chose this place because of location. Proximity to Union Station and a business meeting was key. Staff was friendly. The building is beautiful. Finding the front desk was a bit challenging. Room was small but comfortable with lots of techie amenities. The flat screen tv was enormous.

Highlight was the elevators with black lights and 3d walls. Hipster heaven.

• Stayed February 2013
Palos Verdes Estates, California
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I like the rooms and the service, but every time I check-in, I feel like I'm at a nightclub with the blaring music and bar lighting.

The scene might be okay for the younger travelers, but I'm not sure it would appeal to all travelers who check-in there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was determined to have the perfect Chicago weekend for my best friend's birthday. After scouring TripAdvisor, I decided to try out the W in the Chicago Loop since the "main event" of the weekend was Book of Mormon.

I couldn't have been happier with my choice. I had emailed the hotel to ask a few questions, and before my reservation was even finalized, Eden Bernal, Concierge Extraordinaire, reached out to me to make sure my planning was going smoothly. After exchanging a few emails with her, I felt like I had a new friend in Chicago! I booked a Spectacular room and Eden made sure, without me even asking, that a particular Spectacular room was set aside and that there was a Birthday Brownie in the room for my friend along with a handwritten card. She also took care of getting us a reservation at Epic (the restaurant was packed and it was clear that she had pulled some strings to get us in last minute.) Everyone that came to our table knew it was my friend's birthday - and greeted him BY NAME to wish him happy birthday. Since I hadn't been in contact with the restaurant at all, it was obviously Eden making sure they knew! She also - again without me asking - arranged the Acura Experience to drive us to the restaurant.

Not only was Eden wonderful, the hotel itself is very nice! Beautiful lobby and well appointed room. Our bathroom was great - large and the Bliss toiletries were lovely. The rain showerhead was great! The bed was super comfy, the chaise lounge relaxing, and we had a great time lounging about in the robes.

PERFECT for a night away --- next time we'll have to stay longer!

She gave us brunch and nightclub suggestions as well as some sight seeing ones - my only regret is that we didn't have more time to check out some of the sights! Good thing Chicago is close and I will definately be returning to the W.

Room Tip: Spring for the Spectacular room - the bathroom was a nice size compared to some of the photos I saw...
Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings,

I am "Thrilled" to read such a positive review of the W Chicago City Center and thank you for taking the time to tell everyone about your visit.

Reading about your great service from our concierge Eden is wonderful to hear and I will be sure to pass along your kind words to her directly. I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed your "Spectacular" room which is one of many great types of rooms that are offered here at the W Chicago City Center.

Finally it is great that you were able to utilize our complimentary Acura Experience which provides chauffeured drop-offs throughout the city for your convenience. All of us look forward to welcoming you back to the W Chicago City Center in the near future.

Travel safe and travel often,