“Shout out to Devin for GREAT service”

W Chicago - City Center
Ranked #108 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed February 1, 2013

As a SPG Platinum member and frequent stayer at this W, I am generally accustomed to the excellent service which this hotel provides. This past Wednesday evening, however, Devin was the talk of our group for her excellent customer service. Looking for someone to help with something obviously unrelated to what Devin was doing, I asked her for assistance on the Acura experience. Multiple times she went over to the desk after taking down our information. Multiple times she shuttled back and forth working hard to provide us with an excellent client experience. Unsolicited comments amongst our group on her service led me to giving Devin a shout out on here. Thanks Devin ! And keep it up Starwood HR - hire more like Devin !

Room Tip: It is very difficult to avoid the EL altogether, but try to get a room that does not face the EL as...

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was our first time at the W City Center and we definitely will be back! I had been planning my husbands surprise birthday weekend to Chicago for about a month and decided to reach out to the concierge staff at this property. I was greeted and exchanged several emails with the wonderful Eden! Talk about FIRST CLASS service! Eden provided me with dinner options, event options, setup our in room massage (which was worth every penny) and met our every need. She even had the catering staff send a wonderful happy birthday brownie to room for my husband. The staff at the W go above and beyond! Our room was amazing(bed is so comfortable) and the entire weekend we floated on cloud 9!

The Acura service is also so cool! The W has a partnership with Acura so that their guests can be taken to any place within a 5 mile radius for free! This saves you a taxi cab fare!

It's amazing how a hotel brand can be in so many different cities yet provide the same level of Top Notch service! We received the same great care when we visited the W Hotel in Atlanta downtown. This is a definite MUST STAY hotel in Chicago. Worth every penny!

If you're looking for a hotel with great service, beautiful decor, yummy drinks/food, comfy bed, and right downtown in Chicago..this is the place for you!

We will be back!

Room Tip: You will be happy with any room you book at this hotel..however..I would ask for a room with a view...
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the W City Center over the weekend to celebrate her birthday
We found the hotel to be clean, modern and especially nice
Its proximity to the "EL" tracks create some distraction as the train noice is very noticeable and we were on the 19th floor
The "W" partnership with Acura which provides complimentary transportation service within 5 miles of the hotel was most appecitated jsut be sure and make reservations as soon as possible for your transport needs.
The efforts of W "insider" Laurelin Hefter and concierge TK Karadzovski made our stay espeically nice. I would highly recommend this hotel especially because of their customer service

Room Tip: Ask for a room furthest away from the El tracks
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had over 100 hotel nights in 2012 but had never stayed at this hotel before.

It is very conveniently located with obliging staff always nearby. The lobby lounge is great to just hang out for a drink.

The rooms are large, comfortable and spotless. The bed is just marvelous. I love the goodies in t the W's minibars. It has a good sized 24 hour gym with adequate equipment but you need to get there early. W's attract gymrats more than most hotels.

I only had breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Impeccable service and yummy food at a reasonable price. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in Chicago

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter but all rooms are good
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The W Chicago City Center is a beautiful and modern hotel right in Downtown Chicago. Rooms are welcoming, stylish, and there are more modern amenities like iPod docking station, etc. My bathroom was spotless and came with lux toiletries. The room also had a very large TV.

Architecturally, the lobby is stunning. The overall vibe there, in the living room bar, etc. is young, lively and hip. Food at the bar was pretty good but didn't blow me away.

I did have an excellent breakfast at IPO, off the lobby. Delicious food and coffee, and attentive service.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Very relaxing stay, large rooms, very comfortable bed. There was even a DVD player in the room which is nice; I like to bring my workout dvds with me but most hotels don't have dvd players. Gym was freezing cold. the restaurant in the lobby, IPO was very good with reasonable prices givne location and high end menu. There is a train that is right next to the location but I didn't hear it at all at night.

Room Tip: you may want to get a room away from the street if the train would bother you
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were downtown to see the Book of Mormon and the W hotel is very nicely located close to the Bank of America Theater. Conveniently, the Elephant and Castle Bar, which we'd wanted to try was also on the walking route from the hotel to the theater. We weren't blown away by Elephant and Castle, and decided we liked the hotel bar better, but it was nice to check out.
The staff at the hotel were incredibly attentive and nice. They greeted us by name and mentioned our SPG status. The bed was very comfortable and the room overall was great. We did discover a stain on one of the couches, which we mentioned to the staff, but there were other places to sit, so it was more the principle. If you're in the loop and need a really great place to stay, you can't go wrong at the W.