“Makes business trip not so painful”

W Chicago - City Center
Ranked #106 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
mass
“Makes business trip not so painful”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Very relaxing stay, large rooms, very comfortable bed. There was even a DVD player in the room which is nice; I like to bring my workout dvds with me but most hotels don't have dvd players. Gym was freezing cold. the restaurant in the lobby, IPO was very good with reasonable prices givne location and high end menu. There is a train that is right next to the location but I didn't hear it at all at night.

Room Tip: you may want to get a room away from the street if the train would bother you
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Korean first
Wauconda, Illinois
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were downtown to see the Book of Mormon and the W hotel is very nicely located close to the Bank of America Theater. Conveniently, the Elephant and Castle Bar, which we'd wanted to try was also on the walking route from the hotel to the theater. We weren't blown away by Elephant and Castle, and decided we liked the hotel bar better, but it was nice to check out.
The staff at the hotel were incredibly attentive and nice. They greeted us by name and mentioned our SPG status. The bed was very comfortable and the room overall was great. We did discover a stain on one of the couches, which we mentioned to the staff, but there were other places to sit, so it was more the principle. If you're in the loop and need a really great place to stay, you can't go wrong at the W.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

There are many Starwood properties to choose from in Chicago. This is my favorite because of the location (good for business) and the food options and the gym. I always enjoy staying here. The other W is in a very out of the way location. I also like Westin on Michigan Avenue but this is my favorite. The rooms are consistently nice, clean and big and the service is good. Is my preferred place to book for business in Chicago.

• Stayed November 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great location if you need to be in the Loop, beautiful rooms. The desk agent Maida was incredible: polite, accommodating, and a pleasure to work with . Though I usually prefer more lively areas than the loop, I'll look forward to staying here.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2013

As an SPG Platinum who is part of the Ambassador program, I will say this property is one of the best W properties I have stayed in. The location is great to walk to many sites and shopping areas, there are so many great restaurants near by. The concierge Ms.Eden Bernal was Amazing in setting up everything for me prior to my stay. This property has a great fitness facility as well. It is quiet at night in the lobby bar since it is January (low season) but all in all a great stay and I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Madison
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Wow, nice property. But MAJOR issue with the train that goes by every 5-10 minutes! 1st night there, I checked in late. Heard the train right away, and called to desk asking how late it runs. Gal told me it would stop in the next couple of hours. Never stopped! 1am, I think I fell asleep. 5:30am woke me up. I was very unhappy that this desk person told me it will stop. Next day asked the desk to move me, they said oh yes, that train runs all night long, I don't blame you. Was moved to the courtyard facing room and slept well.

Not real sure about W hotels. The decor is almost too swanky.

Very clean, service (other than front desk) good. Food good, housekeeping very good. People are very nice, and attentive.

Location for my business was excellent.

Internet is terrible. I think I have some picture to demonstrate. I will post them.

Valet good, but expensive.

Room Tip: Away from train!
Markham, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I arrived to the hotel very early in the morning, the staff did their best to accomodate me with an early arrival and got me a room within a reasonable time. TK, the W Chicago conceriege was very helpful in answering all my questions about the hotel and the surrounding area. We will definately stay at this hotel again for our next trip to Chicago!