W Chicago - City Center
$188
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$232
$89
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$229
$192
Hilton.com
$169
$118
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

$288
$205
$189
$181
  • Room Service
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$119
$107
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$141
$118
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

$189
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$221
$158
Agoda.com
2,698 results
All reviewseden bernalbliss productsw insiderspectacular roomthe financial districtwillis towerthe loopconcierge serviceupgraded roombusiness tripart instituterooms are smallfew blocksmillennium parkipolobbyhernan
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a nice stay at the W this past weekend for a wedding held across the street at the Marriott. Clean accommodations and a comfortable king size bed. The room though is very compact the furnishings are very modern. Our only complaint was that the door to the bathroom was more like a closet sliding door, thus no privacy.

Room Tip: Room facing the courtyard is quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I would first like to say I LOVE W City Center Chicago. I felt like royalty the way the staff took care of my boyfriend & I. TK & Jessica were two employees who truly made my stay enjoyable they went above & beyond .

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The W Chicago City Center has all of the trappings and corporate family culture of any W Hotel anywhere - the dark elevator with a throbbing backbeat, the cutesy toy car in the room, etc. However, this stay in this W was characterized by the absolute smallest room conceivable. Had I been staying in the room with another person, there wouldn't be air to breath. The bathroom is so small that you need to look around for a surface to put down a razor. Forget about a place to put down the shaving cream. To turn on the faucet in the sink, you need to move the glass off the sink in order to make room - and then, where do you put it? The top of the toilet is occupied by the tissue box. I drank one of those tiny bottles of Scotch in the minibar (silly me) and the W charged me $31.00 for the privilege (they later scaled that down by $20 when I wrote them an email). All in all, this was a pretty unimpressive stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I went to Chicago for a weekend getaway and was looking for a hotel central to touristy areas. The W is located right downtown and I was able to walk to the Willis Tower, the Art Institute of Chicago and Millenium Park. There is also easy access to taxis and the train. The W offers an Acura transportation service, but I wasn't able to try it out. I'd recommend making a reservation as early as possible.

The concierge and front desk were polite and helpful. The room was fairly standard, but the bed stood out as exceptionally comfortable.

I'd recommend the W to others and would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2012

One must feel a little embarrassed for the W Chicago - City Center, since it must sit in the shadow of the JW Marriott across the street. When it comes to excellence, I suggest the sophisticated traveller stay on that side of the street, across from the W. The lobby of the W is small, crowded with furnishings and dark. It's not apparent where the hotel staff are, or whether there are even any staff at all, since they are hidden in the back of the lobby. The room furniture is sparse and styled like it was bought from IKEA. Nothing wrong with IKEA, if you're at a Comfort Inn. I didn't even have a dresser in my room. I guess, in the hope of being hip, the W forgot that some travellers carry a change of clothes with them. Oh well, it's a place to sleep and it seemed clean enough, so I give it a three rating.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business