“Friendly”

W Chicago - City Center
Ranked #118 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I spent a few days at this hotel last week and I need to recognize that I was really surprised when I order room service and Juan, the person who provided the service was extremely friendly. Great service! Thanks Juan. Keep your attitude and enthusiasm.
It would be great if we could find people like you on a day to day base.

Room Tip: The subway makes some noise so ask for a quit suite.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,623)

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

While I have frequently visited the lobby and bars of various W Hotels and have appreciated the European quirkiness and funky vibe, I've learned that I don't necessarily appreciate that in my room. I stayed at the W In Chicago and while clean, both the room and the bathroom were tiny - the bathroom was so small, that I dare not close the door for fear of being stuck! I heard similar stories from other guests who were staying at the hotel. Would advise that if you are American to ask for a larger room. After all, who wants a European experience in Chicago?

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the W at City center. The hotel was very nice and conveniently located near all of the attractions. If you stay there definitely ask for Maida. She is the desk agent when you first walk in. She was great. She did an amazing job of accommodating me during my stay. It happened to be my birthday weekend and she was so kind to send a small gift to my room. She was very knowledgeable about the area and provided details on how to best get around the city. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I had a chance to get to Chicago for the July 4th week and we had a blast. The Concierge team of Laurelin and TK were fantastic in helping make our stay that much more enjoyable. When we come back, we aren't staying anywhere else! Thanks!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently took a group to the W hotel in Chicago. I was so pleased with Eden. She helped me with every detail and was even able to secure a difficult table at a local restaurant. It was a huge relief to know that I could count on her.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The W's staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were comfortable and clean. The style and color was calming. The location was prefect for our downtown visit. Thanks to Eden Bernal for making our trip so wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Perfect stay at the W City Center. The staff was all very polite, profressional and accomodating.
This is from the concierege TK who was extremely helpful to the very pleasant housekeeping staff.
All around very comfortable business stay.