“Excellent Experiance”

Ranked #104 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Akron, New York
“Excellent Experiance”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had meetings in downtown Chicago, I flew into Chicago early and was hoping for a early check in. Breanne welcomed me when I arrived and was able to place me in a room at 9:00 to accomodate my needs. Breanne assisted me many times in my staty and made if very enjoyable. Looking forward to my next trip to Chicago and my stay at the W.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had won a free weekend stay at the W city center in Chicago. Even though we lived in Chicago, we weren't over excited about staying in a hotel when we could be home but we didn't want to waste the free nights. Before our stay, I received an email confirmation of our stay from Laurelin Hefter who was one of the concierges. Not only was she super friendly and attentive, she made reservations for us at a couple of restaurants and scheduled for a car to take us there for free. We were also given some free chocolates which my husband and I devoured because they were so good. Thank you W and Laurelin for making our weekend special!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Celebration, Florida
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at the W for my son's wedding Oct 19 & 20 and got one of the newly remodeled rooms and it was spacious, bright, and very nicely done. Some of the guests were in other rooms that have not been redone and thought their rooms were very small, with hardly enough room to get around things, but our was great. Location was great, within walking distance to the reception, State St. and lots of other places. No coffee in the rooms, but it is available in the lobby. McDonalds was right next door, with lots of food options nearby. Cookies and apples available in the lobby in the afternoon. We had a good experience there. Pre arrival contact by the staff and post trip contact were very good. They are anxious to make your trip a good one.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms that have been redone!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2012

TK Karadzovski is one of the best hotel concierge representatives ever. She helped me when I had a very specific laundry order and was quite confused about how to place it. Also, and more importantly, I was there for a work training so I wanted to take my colleagues to a great nightlife spot. Luckily, TK was working the night I needed this info., and her advice was invaluable. We ended up going to the Violet Hour, at her recommendation, and it was everything my colleagues and I were expecting/hoping for.

When I return to Chicago for work or for pleasure, which I'm sure will happen soon, I will stay at the W City Center because of the amazing and very unique level of service and expertise offered.

• Stayed October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I would like to commend the W Chicago City Center's concierge service overall, particularly that of concierge Eden. The service we received from Eden was truly first class, from contacting us to set up sightseeing and reservations prior to our trip, to checking in on every last event we had booked during and following our trip. The service was really outstanding and made our visit to Chicago easy and fun!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
st. louis
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I took a weekend getaway to Chicago and stayed at the W City Center. Its a W, so its a bit trendy. My wife and I are in our 50's and I have to say that the lobby was a bit dark for us, with a fair number of suit-wearing, business looking 30-somethings. Our room, however, was spacious and light. Very, very nice and comfortable. So, nice, for the three days we were there, we were content to just stay in the room during the day. The first night, after our show, we stopped in the lobby to have a drink. It was pretty crowded and I was a little bit worried that service would be slow. But Hilary, the waitress, was fantastic; maybe the best part of our trip. Friendly, outgoing and helpful. The second night, we thought we would try the bar at the JW Marriott across the street, but after dealing with an incompetent waitor, we decided to go back to the W and to Hilary, who amazingly remembered what we were drinking the night before and had recommendations for us. We were starting to like the W. On our last morning, we decided to have room service breakfast. It arrived, but there was only 1, not 2 breakfasts. The bill was almost $50. When we checked out, I told the checkout person about the missing breakfast and whether we had been overcharged. Without batting an eye, he said that $40-50 was typical for a "single" breakfast and didn't bother to check. That was the only blemish on our stay. I would have appreciated if he would have checked on the bill for me. And if it really is $40-50/single breakfast, that is a pretty steep price for eggs, bacon, toast and coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Fun location. Spending 4 nights in Chicago on business. Had a beautiful room but found that there was a bit of stain on the chair. With one quick call, Maidia, ensured that the problem was quickly fixed. Her wonderful customer service made the stay much more enjoyable.

Room Tip: stay on the courtyard side of the hotel, much quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business