“Awesome.. the next best thing to eating in Belgium.”

Hendrickx Belgian Bread Crafter
Ranked #18 of 257 Bakeries in Chicago
Cuisines: Belgian
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was in Belgium this summer and loved all the Belgian croissants, quiche, bread etc. I was craving for that when I came back home to Chicago. I came across Hendricx bakery was delighted to see they make hand made Belgian criossants fresh everyday. I even saw their kitchen and met the chef. Everything is reasonably priced, tastes wonderful... A must visit if you want to eat some Belgian bakery food.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Best croisant I've ever eaten. It would be easy to pass up this hidden gem of a place. The bread with white chocolate in it was also great.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

It's worth the search time to find this bakery. The croissants have different fillings and all are worth trying. Options are different every time you go because they all are freshly baked in small quantities and don't have a long shelf life - they are too good to leave on the shelf. If you don't want a croissant, there are soup and sandwich options also.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

And any time we go back to Chicago, we will eat breakfast here again. I guess technically we got it to go, but you get the idea. Absolutely amazing croissants; several flavors but chocolate was the star. Also recommend you try the white chocolate loaf too. Everything we tried was amazing and we kept coming back. Coffee was decent but there's also a Starbucks around the corner. You will not be disappointed. Very small, limited area for dining in. Closed on Mondays. Get there early to get the chocolate croissants. They also serve lunch but we were always out sightseeing.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Get your breakfast here. The best croissant I have ever eaten, in a dozen flavors, fresh out of the oven. Closed mondays. Get coffee elsewhere.