“Oh so tasty burgers!”

Rudy's Bar and Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Rudy's Bar and Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #258 of 9,765 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stopped in here after picking it off a list of restaurants provided by the Palmer House Hilton concierge and I'm glad we made the right choice!

The service was friendly and the place wasn't too busy OR too quiet so there was still some atmosphere. The burgers and pretzel buns are absolutely delicious and they had a decent range of beers at the bar.

Prices are pretty reasonable and staff able to recommend drinks, well worth a visit as we found it harder to find decent good value places to eat like this in the loop whilst on holiday.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I had heard good things about this restaurant, but was a little disappointed with the food. Portions are huge but it tasted just like an average burger. French fries were very good as were there fresh water pickles. The pickles had a very different taste - and were very yummy. I would go back to try some of there other dishes, but probably would not order another burger.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I had been by before for happy hour, but was put off by the crowds. When walking by with the family last week, we decided to stop in for lunch. We were warmly welcomed, and had a great waitress. She knew the menu well and answered questions, mostly to help us make up our minds because the menu offered a lot of choices. We enjoyed the cream of mushroom soup, our son had fish and chips that made him very happy. I was a bit apprehensive about ordering fish tacos in Chicago, but the waitress said they were good - she was right. My husband had a hamburger that he is STILL talking about. Once nice thing - if you want your hamburger without the bread, they give you a break on the price (I have never understood places that charge you extra to give you less). Overall everything was great and a good value. For being what it is, it deserves 5, but I reserve 5 for something remarkable. That said, I will try to get back next time I'm in Chicago - I really want to try the milkshake martinis!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

biding our time till the airport so we stopped in for a beer. very Friendly staff, great nachos, clean bathroom and not crowded. Close to shopping and the park.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We dined at Rudy's late on a Sunday evening. Service was friendly and accurate if a little slow. Everyone enjoyed their food. Highlights were the mini bacon cheeseburgers on pretzel buns, chili, and my dining companions raved about the sweet potato fries. There was no separate kids menu, but the kids shared appetizers and were happy enough. A little pricey especially paying for adult portions for the kids, but we enjoyed our dinner and would return if in the area again.