“Amazing find”

Tortas Frontera by Rick Bayless
Ranked #380 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Neighborhood: University Village / Little Italy
Description: Located in Terminal 1 on Concourse B in Chicago International Airport.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Running between terminals to catch a flight, I found a place to eat I had not seen before. They were making everything to order. I had a smokey garlic shrimp totrtas. Price $12. And well worth it. I ate it on the plane and the guy next to me said he had just had a great meal there as well. Locations are Tortas Frontera at O’Hare Airport
- Terminal 1, B11
- Terminal 3, K4
- Terminal 5, M12

Menu. http://www.rickbayless.com/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/17_TORTASFRONTERA_MENU.PDF

There are newer reviews for Tortas Frontera by Rick Bayless

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Not a big fan of ORD, but when I go through I love eating at Rick's place. I usually have the pibil or the cubano. Amazing favors. Can't say I'm looking forward to connecting through ord but when I do I'll go to frontera.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I would definitely go back, though I would order differently. I really liked my molletes of fig, sausage and cheese which was delicious for $6. The cuban was also really good at $11 though I did not care for the mustard flavor of the sauce. However, I did not like the tortilla soup, which was generally broth, and feel that that could be missed. The guacamole was excellent but they missed the chips. Tip: Get in line immediately bc there is a sign by the register of menu items; i wish I known this, as I shopped the menu before getting in one.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I think nationally airport food has improved but still....
In Phoenix they've brought in quite a few local restaurants but they are licensing deals and you still have the airport master concessionaire running them and they just can't do it as well as the original.

I had lunch at Tortas Frontera by Rick Bayless in the American Airlines terminal this week and loved everything about it. Sure it's pricey at $12+ for a simple torta but the entire operation looked first class. They are scooping avocados to order for heaven's sake. I know a thing or two about tortas and ordered by favorite Torta Cubano. It took about 10 minutes to prepare and was probably the best torta I've ever had.

I'd be shocked if this wasn't run by Bayless himself.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

While waiting for my flight, I discovered Tortas Frontera among the airport food venues. Although Tortas looked like the other restaurants in this food area, its food is definitely a cut above the other place. I ordered the Cubano, and it was amazing. Freshly made with superb bread, ham, condiments, and cheese, the sandwich was extremely satisfying. I was not expecting this level of quality (and traveller friendly staff and packaging). If you are in O'Hare, look for the Frontera. It worth the walk!