“Best restaurant at Chicago's O'hare”

Tortas Frontera by Rick Bayless
Ranked #392 of 10,110 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Neighborhood: University Village / Little Italy
Description: Located in Terminal 1 on Concourse B in Chicago International Airport.
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

This excellent mexican restaurant is located at united terminal....Everything is fresh, original and delicious.

1  Thank Elvit

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hand-made sandwich place is great. The food is fresh and local and very tasty. I had this for lunch on my way in and for dinner on my way out two days later. I tried the chicken torta and the shrimp torta and both were wonderful. The only bad parts are that there are not enough seats nearby so you have to try to find a place in the nearby food court to sit (very small bar area is the only dedicated seating) and you do have to wait awhile to get your order because everything is hand made. But if you have some time, it is worth the wait.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This restaurant raises the bar for all other airport restaurants. How come this place can have delicious, locally-sourced, innovative food and nobody else is doing this?

It is a tiny restaurant; I got my meal to go and found a place to sit and eat. If you order a Torta (think Mexican panini on a crispy delicious hot roll) it takes about ten minutes and you have to kind of linger in the miniature bar area to hear your number called. Negotiating luggage and all that was not easy in the small space. But, it was worth it for the food.

This trip I opted for the Pepito, a spicy beef short rib with arugula, black beans, pickled jalapenos, cheese, etc. It was delicious. It came with a little side dressing. Mine was not as well-filled and plentiful as on the restaurant website, but are they ever, really?

For once I am thrilled to have a layover on the return leg of this trip. Will try that Chicken Milanesa that the person next to me got. It also looked wonderful! It is the best possible use of your time in O'Hare.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Waited ten minutes for the Chipotle Chicken Torta. Would have waited 30!! Really delicious, great hot sauce, combined with a Mariposa draft beer - yummy. Too few seats. Best airport meal that I can remember.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I've never eaten at any other Rick Bayliss restaurant, but I'd sure like to. I get a Chipotle chicken sandwich every time I go to ORD. It's the one part of my business travel that I really look forward to. For an airport restaurant, it's incomparable.