“I didn't think it could get worse - but it did”

Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop
Ranked #95 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Boston, Massachusetts
“I didn't think it could get worse - but it did”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Unfortunately, my client booked me into this hotel after I vowed never to stay here again. Maybe it had improved. The first room I was in had a no working tv, phone that didn't work, and no way to control the temperature. It was hot! I was told the hotel was fully booked but they would see what they could do. My next room was better. Having stayed here before, I noted that there were no chairs in the rooms anymore and no pens and paper by the phone. Second room had no cell phone signal. Desk staff's response, "you must have Verizon." My fault that I believed the clock in the room and got up 1.5 hours early the first morning. Fortunately, there is a close by Starbucks for caffeine. The only saving grace is the price and you definitely get what you pay for - tiny room, limited service, and diminishing amenities, which were minimal to begin with. Most of the Super 8's I have stayed in have been much better.

3 Thank rickiboston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I had never heard of this hotel perhaps because it used to be members only. It retains that exclusive edge. It's reasonably priced, perfectly located for either a tourist of a business traveler and has unusual touches like filtered water and free bottles. A very pleasant surprise all around.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My friend and I checked in to the hotel this weekend after driving from Ann Arbor and we were so happy to find the the friendly and welcoming faces of the staff at Club Quarters. Literally, one of the best customer service experience I've had at a hotel. Mike was exceptional! He was very pleasant and he really worked with us to try to get us an affordable room last-minute. And he took the time to give my friend and I the run-down of where to go during our first visit to Chicago.

The room itself was comfortable and the location was great. Highly recommend.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed here while attending a nearby conference. The price was extremely reasonable, especially considering the quality of the hotel and its location. The staff could not have been friendlier - they were so welcoming, kind, and helpful. The room was small, but it was clean and up-to-date. I would have liked a bit more counter space in the bathroom, but I made do just fine. The bed was very comfortable. I was able to hear a lot of hallway noise when other guests were out there, but not really any more than at most other hotels. It was an easy walk to anything within the Loop, and I even walked from the hotel up the Magnificent Mile and back - it was not an unreasonable walk at all. I took the train in from the airport, and it was an easy walk from the stop to the hotel.

Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed May 3, 2014

For the price we had to pay this room was ridiculous for the size Way too small. The toilet overflowed as soon as we got settled. The worst part was that we had to pay $45.00 to park and it was about 4 blocks away. Not good at for my husband who just had knee replacement surgery. So there we were pulling our luggage down the street. Then when we decided where all we wanted to go they told us we would have to pay for the parking again even though the clearly said it was 24 hours. So the weekend we had planned for my grandsons birthday had to be limited to places within walking distance. Totally ruined our plans. One other thing about the room...sounded like the next room guest were coming in our room each time they opened their door. No rest at all .We will never stay again.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed May 2, 2014

First time in Chicago on business, the Club Quarters was recommended. Trying to drop my wife off on a busy one way street with all of our luggage while I was trying to avoid a ticket and get my car moving again was a bit stressful but in only a couple of minutes my wife came back out and said we were checked in and asked for the remaining luggage and I was off to the parking structure. She was very impressed by how the staff quickly registered her and made our room available. Reading some of the other reviews I see that others were concerned about the view and size of room but we are downtown in a high rise in the center of the business district. Our room was long and narrow and the window view was another building 20 feet away but the room was clean and met all of my needs. I wasn't on vacation at the beech trying to watch a sunset out of my window.
I would recommend the Club Quarters to even my mother because of the V.I.P. treatment from the staff, especially Guest Service Manager Justin Laramie. Justin listened and reacted to my needs as if I were his only customer. He knows the value of making his guest feel welcome and provided for. If you plan on a trip to The Central Loop in Chicago you will be well taken care of if you stay at the Club Quarters. Very satisfied! From Michigan Rick H.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I checked in to the Club Quarters for the first time today. Checked in about 4 and got right in. Don't get a room on the 5th floor. There is a reason this is not a "Club" floor. The A/C & Heating gear is right outside the windows. The rooms are very small with no view (which I'm fine with). Everything else is as expected.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 5th floor.