“Great stay”

Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop
Ranked #94 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
“Great stay”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed here while attending a nearby conference. The price was extremely reasonable, especially considering the quality of the hotel and its location. The staff could not have been friendlier - they were so welcoming, kind, and helpful. The room was small, but it was clean and up-to-date. I would have liked a bit more counter space in the bathroom, but I made do just fine. The bed was very comfortable. I was able to hear a lot of hallway noise when other guests were out there, but not really any more than at most other hotels. It was an easy walk to anything within the Loop, and I even walked from the hotel up the Magnificent Mile and back - it was not an unreasonable walk at all. I took the train in from the airport, and it was an easy walk from the stop to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed May 3, 2014

For the price we had to pay this room was ridiculous for the size Way too small. The toilet overflowed as soon as we got settled. The worst part was that we had to pay $45.00 to park and it was about 4 blocks away. Not good at for my husband who just had knee replacement surgery. So there we were pulling our luggage down the street. Then when we decided where all we wanted to go they told us we would have to pay for the parking again even though the clearly said it was 24 hours. So the weekend we had planned for my grandsons birthday had to be limited to places within walking distance. Totally ruined our plans. One other thing about the room...sounded like the next room guest were coming in our room each time they opened their door. No rest at all .We will never stay again.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed May 2, 2014

First time in Chicago on business, the Club Quarters was recommended. Trying to drop my wife off on a busy one way street with all of our luggage while I was trying to avoid a ticket and get my car moving again was a bit stressful but in only a couple of minutes my wife came back out and said we were checked in and asked for the remaining luggage and I was off to the parking structure. She was very impressed by how the staff quickly registered her and made our room available. Reading some of the other reviews I see that others were concerned about the view and size of room but we are downtown in a high rise in the center of the business district. Our room was long and narrow and the window view was another building 20 feet away but the room was clean and met all of my needs. I wasn't on vacation at the beech trying to watch a sunset out of my window.
I would recommend the Club Quarters to even my mother because of the V.I.P. treatment from the staff, especially Guest Service Manager Justin Laramie. Justin listened and reacted to my needs as if I were his only customer. He knows the value of making his guest feel welcome and provided for. If you plan on a trip to The Central Loop in Chicago you will be well taken care of if you stay at the Club Quarters. Very satisfied! From Michigan Rick H.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I checked in to the Club Quarters for the first time today. Checked in about 4 and got right in. Don't get a room on the 5th floor. There is a reason this is not a "Club" floor. The A/C & Heating gear is right outside the windows. The rooms are very small with no view (which I'm fine with). Everything else is as expected.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Got here at 3:00am Friday morning with my girlfriend Toey. Was hoping that the Front desk was going to give me a free upgrade, since I paid for 2 nights and only staying 1 night. The front desk person was not really friendly, but it was late, he was probably tired. Went to our room. Got in felt really small. I forgot it was downtown and older building, especially hearing the water running throughout the night.

I did not put such a high review, I felt, it's a typical hotel that is placed in downtown Chicago, I felt it was overrated for amount I paid for. Ok besides the negativism, the upside, nice that there was filter water on each floor and the furnishing was looks quite new. The location was really good. I would stay here if the price was less $100 and night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I never would have paid in advance amd booked a room at this hotel if I knew that only their suites have bathtubs. After I was given my room key and entered my small room, I found out there was only a shower. I called down to the desk and was told all their rooms, except for suites, only have showers. I booked this room because I had a physical therapy appointment after work, and was looking forward to a hot bubble bath after having ankle surgery and casts for so many weeks.

• Stayed April 2014
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Nice location and the a different experience!
very close to the transit system......could feel the city life when i was in the lobby!

Excellent place to feel the liveliness of the city! Checkout for very quick

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business