“Worse than a dorm room”

Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop
Ranked #93 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

There are some basics that a business hotel must have. Number one is decent wifi. They advertise free wifi but after 16 minutes I couldn't get aufficient bandwidth to collect email or read the NYTuch less Skype or stream video. The room is the size of a dorm room with a twin bed! No electric near the bed. No in-room safe. I can hear every sound on the street and every flush above me runs right thru the pipes by my bed. There are no premium channels. The bed is hard and the pillows are like foam rocks. The bath is like a Pullman car bath. I could take it all if I could connect to the Internet but working on my phone for two days is not an option. I've had better wifi in the jungle in Thailand. And a nicer room too. Avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank BuffCrone
There are newer reviews for Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed in room 3202 I called front desk because my fridge did not work since saturday morning When I came back around noon still not working. I will not recomend any friend to stay in a cheap hotel, I had to buy food again because I lost mine in the fridge I thought I was going to save money buying and having my food in the fridge but I spent more because I lost my milk, my yougourt, my medicine. Very bad experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Maraquero
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I wasn't expecting too much from this hotel, but it turned out to be very good. I stayed here with a number of my colleagues, a few of whom had a small room (which was changed when requested), but mine was a good size, with a desk, TV, armchair, smallish bathroom with shower, AC, and plenty of room in the bedroom. It was very clean and the service friendly and helpful. Each floor has a chilled purified water dispenser with free bottles to fill, plus a "Client Request Closet" with irons, ironing boards, extra pillows and coffee, etc. you can pick up at any time. There's a decent fitness center and a club room with comfy chairs, tv, coffee machine, computers and dedicated boarding pass printing computers. There's even a launderette! There's no restaurant as such, but a bar (the Elephant & Castle) which can be accessed direct from the hotel or externally which serves breakfast, lunch and evening meal, as well as providing a room service, and there's a Starbucks next door and a Pret a Manger a block away. The hotel is very well located a short walking distance to the "L", the river and Millenium Park. Best of all it was almost next door to the Mies van de Rohe designed Federal Center - which I could see from my bedroom. All in all I think this is a very good value hotel. If you find you're given a small room, just ask for another.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor looking out over the adjacent building but this wasn't a problem for me...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RSnapper
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Admittedly, I got off to a rocky start. I was put in a room that did not meet my requirements and spoke to the staff about it. I was offered an opportunity to change rooms and to upgrade to a suite (only means you have a large chair or small sofa in the room as well, and a bit more square footage). I jumped at both! Once I identified the problem, the staff reacted quickly and were quick to accommodate the request. This hotel is in a high-rise, but they only have 9 of the floors. Several floors were undergoing renovation, so do yourself a favor and ask for a renovated room. As a federal employee required to stay within per diem (for Chicago it's $171), I didn't have a lot of choices in the location that was near the conference I was attending. The room cost $171 per night. This hotel provided a great option, good location and nice rooms. Staff was friendly, courteous and responsive.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Necola1
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed tow nights in this hotel.
The hotel is in the Loop. You can reach all the points of interest by feet (Willies Tower; House of Blues; Bars; Restaurants and the Metro is two blocks away)
The rooms are a little bit small, but the bed is big.
The service is great and the people at the desk are very helpful and friendly. Free Wi-Fi, Free printer; LCD-TV
I can highly recommend this hotel for sightseeing or business.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RolandBaur
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed for four nights and we really enjoyed the hotel. Everything was great.All the front desk personal were super nice and friendly .The room was recently upgraded and the bed was very comfortable, first time we can sleep the whole night without missing our bed at home . The hotel provided nice snacks all day long and bottles of drinkable water to take to the room or in our daily walks. The restaurant serves excellent food at good prices.

We will recommend this hotel to everybody going to visit the great city of Chicago

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank maria b b
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Three of us stayed in a room with a queen bed and a sofa bed. I'm 5'4" so we didn't bother pulling out the bed (it seemed in there pretty tight). We were amazed with how cleverly the room was furnished to maximize the space. Everything was beautiful, modern, and smart. Not a single inch of space was wasted. The room had a microwave/convection oven, a fridge, sink, three closets,two TVs, a big desk and a laptop pullout. We wished we were staying longer! It was perfect though, for our overnight trip to see The Book of Mormon. The staff was extremely accommodating.

We look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Reserve early
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends