“Small and quaint for big Chicago”

Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop
Ranked #91 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. Check in was very quick and easy. It's a small hotel with good sized rooms. The staff was very pleasant.
The wifi is free and pretty fast. No password needed. The bed was very comfortable. Plenty of storage and lighting along with lots of extra outlets. The bathroom was very clean and the toiletries were very upscale and included mouthwash and shoe mitt. The room did not have a safe. The ironing board and iron were easily located in the storage closet down the hallway along with purified water if need. Overall a great hotel that is a 40 min Blue Line subway ride to Monroe stop and only 2 blocks to other "L" lines.

1  Thank luvmybasset
Write a ReviewReviews (1,817)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We love Club Quarters for personal travel. The rooms are clean, comfy and reasonably priced. Best of all, you practically get a free night's stay with every visit. Service is extremely accomodating as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We wanted a great little room right in the Loop, and that's exactly what we got. It's small, but it's lovely, and the price is right. The staff were very professional, the decor is chic, and you've got the Elephant & Castle pub right downstairs for breakfast, lunch, dinner, cocktails, what-have-you. You're just down the block from the famous Berghoff, walking distance from theatres and other great restaurants, and right between 2 Blue Line stops (makes getting to & from O'Hare flawless). The refillable water bottles and purifier down the hall is the best system yet for fresh drinking water in a hotel. Absolutely ZERO complaints about the Club Quarters, and oh yes, we WILL be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

While in Chicago I stayed at the Club Quarters on Wacker. The rooms are smaller, more the size of room in Europe, but the stay was pleasant. The rooms are clean, well decorated, and have all the amenities one could want, whether traveling for business or pleasure. You look out over the river and are only a few blocks walk from Michigan Avenue.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I'm a ClubQuarters convert! I've said it before and I'll say it again - I've always been loyal to the Hampton Inn while traveling on business. However, I've now had another opportunity to stay at a Club Quarters hotel (sadly they only have 15 or so locations in the heart of various cities - so the Hampton Inn will still be my choice when traveling outside of these metro areas), and I'm totally converted.

Granted, the rooms may be slightly smallish in relation to some other chain hotels. But, if you're traveling alone WHO CARES???? My room in the Central Loop location wasn't overly small for one guy traveling. It was clean, had a great workstation and a nicely appointed bathroom. Free WiFi, complimentary filtered water, and complimentary snacks and coffee in the living room make this place a huge bargain.

The location of this hotel was perfect for me! It was a block from the US District Court and a block and a half from my meeting location. It was right nearby to the Monroe train stop (I took the Blue Line from O'Hare right downtown - $5 bucks to get to the City and $2.25 to get back to the airport - now THAT'S a bargain).

I stayed here for under $100 bucks. Let me say that again - I stayed in a nicely appointed business hotel located a mere block or two from where I needed to be in a major metropolitan location for UNDER $100.

Why, why, why would you stay anywhere else??? Now, I'm off to the Boston CQ to give that one a try too.

Oh, and by the way, I've seen some comments about the self-check in kiosks. Frankly, I have yet to do it all by myself. Usually there's been someone there to walk me through the process and very cheerfully at that. You know, we have no issues pumping our own gas these days at self--serve gas stations to get cheaper gas. So, what's the issue with self-checking at a nice hotel, in a major city, to save a few bucks???

Service here has been outstanding in my opinion.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Really enjoyed my one night business stay. Great concept for a hotel and well executed. I was able to walk to everything I needed, and the adjacent restaurant was excellent. Modest fitness center was all I needed for a great workout. Also, parking fee allows unlimited in/out, so not to worry. The hotel is on the same block as a client I work with. The after-the-stay service was also excellent as somehow I left my computer glasses in the room. The were found, cataloged and readily available after I connected with housekeeping. Heather Fedexed them right away. I'll stay again, no doubt.

Room Tip: 10th floor room was quiet.