WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #90 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
Oklahoma
“Hard bed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

The rooms are very small. (Room 911) The location was good. The mattress was something you would find at a Motel 6, HORRIBLE! The television was so small you couldn't hardly read the words on the screen. The television was located over the desk and was about 10 to 12 feet away from the center of the bed. Who ever designed the position of the tv was clueless. The shower was so small you barely had room to turn around or a taller person couldn't bend over. The staff was friendly and helpful. I did love the water bottles they had available when you got off the elevators that you filled up. We ate at the restaurant, The Elephant and the Castle on the first floor. We ordered the rueben sandwich and the roast beef sandwich, very disappointing! It's a shame to say to say Arby's rueben and french dip sandwiches are better and a third of the price. I don't think I would stay here again or eat at the restaurant. Stayed here New Year's Eve.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed in this hotel just one nite, due to really nice rate provided to our company. I think this hotel follows the quality of CQ hotels anywhere around the world - I did not find anything negative about this place. Also the price was more then pleasant, compared with CQ in NY. Only problem was the distance from the magnificient mile (walkable), purpose of my trip was shopping - on the other hand the atmosphere in surrounding streets (in Loop) is much more interesting than other side of the river.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Good location in midtown Chicago. Very friendly staff. Clean rooms. A bit small but its fine. Didn't like having to get iron and ironing board from the hallway because I flew in late for an early morning meeting so it was a hassle. Not the end of the world though. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I can't say enough about how wonderful my stay at this hotel was. The reservation and check-in were fast and easy. The room was a good size with a great desk to work from the room. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful the whole weekend I was there. The location is great--I could walk to just about everything I wanted or needed to do. Finally, and most importantly to me, they were flexible to accommodate changes to my travel plans even though my changes were not the hotel's fault. I am from the East Coast, and I had to check out a day early to get home before Hurricane Sandy. Even though the cancellation policy required me to pay for the last night I had reserved by the time I actually checked out, the hotel waved the room cost due to the extreme circumstances necessitating my departure. It was a kind, human gesture that made my stressful situation a little more bearable, and not something every hotel would have done. As I said, this hotel offered a great overall experience, and I am thankful that I stayed here!

Room Tip: If you want separate beds in a 2-person room, be very clear about that when you make your reservatio...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tipton, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We really enjoyed our weekend in Chicago - room was very neat & clean. The staff was very friendly & helpful in refering us to local resturants. Excellent area to sit -drink coffee - free internet & Ipad. The purified water machine was something we had not seen before but was fantastic.
We will definately be returning to not ony Chicago but Central Loop.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

My business trip to Chicago was extended and I need to find a hotel near work. It had a perfect location for work and play in the loop. It was very close to the CTA and all the shopping on State Street, the Art Institute etc. The staff was exceptional and was very helpful for my extended business stay. They helped with some logistics issues and even found a hotel next to OHare to to store my luggage for a few days. I loved the water bottles on every floor and cappuccino machine in the basement as well as the free self serve laundry. Also, I asked for a room with a view when checking in and was given a corner room on the top floor with a direct view of the Art Institute and Lake Michigan. The room had a nice desk, quick wifi and a small kitchenette (microwave, fridge); perfect for a business stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I read all the reviews before I stayed here. I knew the room would be small. And it was. But, I was traveling alone. It was cozy and fine for me. Very clean. Nice desk set up. Good bed. Efficient fast wifi. They have free fill it yourself purified water bottle machine on each floor. I have not seen this anywhere else; it's a nice useful feature. Great location. Great value. I was in room 817. Nice corner room. Good views in two directions. I paid $112 per night pre tax; about $130 after taxes. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business