“Can I go back? Loved this hotel..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Chicago

The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Chicago
Ranked #57 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
New York City, New York
“Can I go back? Loved this hotel..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

I had an exceptional stay at the Conrad. I was there on business for 3 nights. It's not normal for someone to want to come home to a hotel, but I did. The room was spacious, clean, inviting and "home-y". I always got a great night's rest. The staff is exceptional, especially Jes at the front desk. Always willing to go the extra mile. The location is great. Within walking distance from a lot of restaurants, attractions and shopping! I absolutely will return to this hotel. Hopefully soon! Stay here!

2 Thank Christina S
Anneliese W, Reservations Manager at The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Chicago, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the Conrad. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will be sure to recognize Jes for her service as well. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Nixa, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The location of this hotel can't be beat. It's near shopping and restaurants galore. The hotel room was immaculate. The bathrooms are huge, with a soaking tub and nice shower. There is a nice stereo system in the room. The hotel staff seemed slightly impersonal, but I have no real complaints because everything else about this hotel surpassed my expectations. The bed was by far the most comfortable one I have slept in. I would absolutely stay here again if I visit Chicago!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FlashRiley
Thank you for your review of the Conrad Chicago. first and foremast I would like to apologize for the staff being impersonal during your stay. We take great pride in our service and it is unacceptable that it would not be top notch. I am so glad to hear that every other aspect of your stay was perfection. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Encinitas, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

If you like having office workers peering into your room, then this is the hotel for you. While the rooms are well appointed they are not very large, however it is a good location in terms of being next to the mall.

If you ask for a room with a view (I'm in a deluxe King) apparently you need to upgrade to a suite.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank NancyK2
Thank you for your recent review of the Conrad Chicago. I apologize that you were not able to receive a room with a view for your stay. Our city view superior rooms are a step up from our Deluxe Kings as they are located on the other side of the building. We hope that you will give the Conrad another chance to wow you with our rooms and service. Have a great day!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We live in the suburbs of Chicago and my husband had a conference here so I snuck a night out away from the kids to stay with him at this hotel.

If you can avoid, avoid the valet. It's expensive, like $65 expensive (maybe it's $60).

The rooms are big for a downtown hotel and the beds are very, very comfortable. I loved the very black-out-curtains.

I stayed at the James hotel on a separate occasion and was annoyed at the noise level there as it impacted my sleep. No problems here. I was very pleased with the quality of sleep.

Location- fantastic. you can't go wrong with staying here, whether business or pleasure as it is close to everything.

check-in was easy. nothing overly amazing but not disappointing either.

Nice lobby, great for gathering people and having drinks. it was lively on a thursday evening.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your recent review of the Conrad. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay along with the location and room amenities. I couldn't agree with you more about the beds as they are extremely comfortable. We hope to welcome you back again soon on your next night out!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed for a combination weekend vacation and midweek conference. This would be a 5 star rating except for elevator entrance to get to the lobby. Only 2 elevators and they are slow. It's not an efficient way to enter the hotel. The hotel was very nice. Good and clean rooms. The water pressure for the showers is like a power washer (a small but nice feature.) Great restaurants in the area. Skip the deep dish pizza places and go to Eataly. I will write a separate review about this place. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Use the Concierge App - very helpful
      Location
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank ToggyL
Thank you for your recent review of the Conrad Chicago. I am glad to see that you were able to try out our Conrad Concierge application. I apologize that the elevators from our lower lobby were slow and we will make sure they are running quickly and efficiently. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Charleston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel was very clean, comfortable and provided a great luxury experience. All staff members, that we encountered, were very accommodating. Hotel is very convenient to lots of place. I would stay again.

Location
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Cynthia H
Thank you for your recent response. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The Conrad is in a great location....physically connected to Nordstrom's with a direct route to the Magnificent MIle, it is an ideal hotel for tourists.
I had just recently stayed at The Wyndham on wacker drive so in comparison the rooms at Conrad were very very tiny. The bathroom was luxurious but the actual room was uncomfortably small.
At check-in, I requested a crib for my 6 month old infant and was told it would be sent up. I stayed for 3 nights and we never saw the crib! I never called again to ask for it since we didn't really need it...but the front desk never followed up either. Overall, nothing spectacular. I paid a corporate rate so I was happy I didn't pay full price. If location is your number one priority this is the hotel for you, if not there are many other options out there.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank DeepMD
Thank you for your response for the Conrad Chicago. I sincerely apologize that you had requested a crib that was never sent up. We pride ourselves in our service and wish to make every stay feel like home. We hope to see you in the future and let us show you the true spirit and hospitality that is the Conrad.