“Great omelets”

e.leaven Food Company
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed December 19, 2013

They serve healthy breakfasts with a great selection and good prices. Health conscience and conveniently located.

There are newer reviews for e.leaven Food Company

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

While I'm Chicago stopped here for breakfast sandwiches and lunch on one occasion. Food was consistently good, place is clean and staff is pleasant. I will definitely come back the next time I'm in Chicago.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Visiting from Dallas and wanted to try something close to our hotel. When we arrived, there was not a line so we ordered right away, were given a number, and found a table nearby. Our food arrived promptly. For the price, you don't get much. My boyfriend got French toast and I got the southwestern omelette. The omelette was too spicy for me. We also wanted to order another bagel but after we got our food, there were over 25 people in line. The fact that we had to get back in line sucked. Overall, it was OK. This is our last day here in the city so we won't be back. Walk the extra few blocks and go to Wildberry or Corner Bakery instead.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We ate here for breakfast twice while we were in Chicago because it was convenient to our hotel. The food was fine, nothing stellar about anything we ordered. The bagels are large and fresh, the oatmeal wasn’t served with milk (strange) and they forgot to include the sliced banana I ordered. I wouldn’t make a special trip here, but if it is convenient, it’s fine

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I went here for lunch with 4 other co-workers and the place was empty when we walked in, only 2 couples were there eating. We placed our orders and a couple of us got our orders right away (within 7mins). 1 order came at about the 25 min mark and the other 2 came out 35 mins after we ordered them. We had to ask about the last 2 orders and the guy came right out with them which made us think they were sitting back there for awhile. When we asked why it took so long since other people ordered and got their food before ours, he couldn't explain and offered us a free pastry. We ended up taking an M&M cookie.

By the time we got back to the office all of our food was cold and the sandwiches were so soggy. I got a southwestern chicken sandwich and while the bread was soggy, 1/2 the chicken breast was pure fat and completely inedible. The homemade chips were overly oily and had no taste to them whatsoever. One order was grilled cheese and tomato soup and the grilled cheese had the wrong cheese on it and the tomato soup was so bland and didn't even taste like tomatoes - over 1/2 of this soup wasn't eaten. The chicken tortilla soup was the weirdest color and tasted like pure oil; you could see all the oil that collected at the top after it wasn't being stirred - this was not eaten. The 2 cookies we had were so hard and tasted like they were from the previous day, which was weird because he said one of them had just come out of the oven. It was not warm at all.

It was disappointing that all of spent around $10 for our meals and not even 1/2 of any of our meals were eaten.

Needless to say we will not be going back to Eleaven nor will I recommend this place to anyone else. Very disappointing as the menu looks amazing.