“Overpriced and overrated”

Neighborhood: Near North Side
Garland, Texas
“Overpriced and overrated”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Visiting from Dallas and wanted to try something close to our hotel. When we arrived, there was not a line so we ordered right away, were given a number, and found a table nearby. Our food arrived promptly. For the price, you don't get much. My boyfriend got French toast and I got the southwestern omelette. The omelette was too spicy for me. We also wanted to order another bagel but after we got our food, there were over 25 people in line. The fact that we had to get back in line sucked. Overall, it was OK. This is our last day here in the city so we won't be back. Walk the extra few blocks and go to Wildberry or Corner Bakery instead.

Barrington, Rhode Island
“It was fine”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We ate here for breakfast twice while we were in Chicago because it was convenient to our hotel. The food was fine, nothing stellar about anything we ordered. The bagels are large and fresh, the oatmeal wasn’t served with milk (strange) and they forgot to include the sliced banana I ordered. I wouldn’t make a special trip here, but if it is convenient, it’s fine

• Visited November 2013
Naperville, IL
“Food was very bland and service was horrible”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I went here for lunch with 4 other co-workers and the place was empty when we walked in, only 2 couples were there eating. We placed our orders and a couple of us got our orders right away (within 7mins). 1 order came at about the 25 min mark and the other 2 came out 35 mins after we ordered them. We had to ask about the last 2 orders and the guy came right out with them which made us think they were sitting back there for awhile. When we asked why it took so long since other people ordered and got their food before ours, he couldn't explain and offered us a free pastry. We ended up taking an M&M cookie.

By the time we got back to the office all of our food was cold and the sandwiches were so soggy. I got a southwestern chicken sandwich and while the bread was soggy, 1/2 the chicken breast was pure fat and completely inedible. The homemade chips were overly oily and had no taste to them whatsoever. One order was grilled cheese and tomato soup and the grilled cheese had the wrong cheese on it and the tomato soup was so bland and didn't even taste like tomatoes - over 1/2 of this soup wasn't eaten. The chicken tortilla soup was the weirdest color and tasted like pure oil; you could see all the oil that collected at the top after it wasn't being stirred - this was not eaten. The 2 cookies we had were so hard and tasted like they were from the previous day, which was weird because he said one of them had just come out of the oven. It was not warm at all.

It was disappointing that all of spent around $10 for our meals and not even 1/2 of any of our meals were eaten.

Needless to say we will not be going back to Eleaven nor will I recommend this place to anyone else. Very disappointing as the menu looks amazing.

• Visited November 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Terrific pastries !”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I eat here once a month or so. Love the pastries and the food. It's all freshly baked and is made just right ! Love the food here

• Visited October 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Okay Breakfast, Very good lunch”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My mom and I were visiting a hotel directly across the street when we spotted e.leaven. We decided to stop there for a quick breakfast before going to the spa. I had an egg and bacon bagel sandwich. It was pretty good. The bagel was super thick so I only got to a bit less than half the sandwich. It was a nice bagel though and I thought it was a nice value for the money. After our spa day we felt a bit hungry and needed a little bite to hold us over until a late dinner reservation. So I decided to go back and get a turkey sandwich we could split. It was served with kettle chips. That has to be one of best turkey sandwiches I've had from a quick deli spot in a while. I love my deli meat, when I have it, shaved like e.leaven's. YUMMM! And there was some type of cranberry chutney on it that really gave it a pop. I would only do breakfast again there for a quick grab and go. I would definitely sit down a do lunch there again if I'm the area.

• Visited October 2013