“Quick and healthy breakfast”
Review of e.leaven Food Company - CLOSED

e.leaven Food Company
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a no-frills, cafeteria style breakfast restaurant right in downtown Chicago. If you want a quick breakfast, then this is the place for you. I had a breakfast sandwich with egg, ham and cheese on a flagel (a flat, or thin bagel) and a coffee -- it did the trick!! They were fast and the restaurant was clean, the staff was friendly.

1  Thank greeneyes08

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Good food but couple of errors. Scrambled eggs served when poached requested. Error corrected. Menu item was BLT with feta cheese but they were out of feta.

1  Thank marys454lisbonwi
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I travel to Chicago twice a year. I always stop at E.leaven as it has the best bagels in town. Also love their Huevos Rancheros. Service is fast and I really like their new staff. The best ever. keep up the good work.I also take home some of their pastries as I reminder of my trip. Always good. Highly recommended.

1  Thank 320Trisha320
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I am so irritated right now that I am writing this. They are out of bagels, muffins, flagels and its 9:00am. The manager wa a jerk. They are doing nothing to accommodate. If you want breakfast then you best go elsewhere.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I am a super healthy eater and found many great options here from the avocado/citrus salad, homemade turkey club sandwich, veggie burger, soup options and even more delicious breakfast selections from white egg omelette or juevos rancheros. I'd indulge just to experience the food here...the bagels and cream cheese are out of this world and I'm from NYC! The staff is so helpful, why isn't there an E.leaven in every city?! The coffee is so good and this place is always packed....so nice to have a great place with fresh food...there is plenty of upscale food options here and these guys know how to do it the right way that will keep you coming back each day. Need an every day spot? This is the go to -- YUM!!