“Great Japanese food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sacramento Ave
Transit: Logan Square Blue Line
Description: Wasabi is proud to introduce our Executive Head Sushi Chef, Hiromich Sasaki. As one of original Japanese sushi chefs in the Chicago area, Mr. Sasaki brings over three decades of culinary artistry to Wasabi. Wasabi is a delicious logan square BYOB Japanese and Sushi restaurant. Our rolls are delicious and our service is fantastic! Come in today and enjoy our famous, Mag Mile, Pike Place, and Rainbow Rolls. Looking forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The food is indeed great with a true Japanese flavor. The ramen is top notch but do try the tempura too. The restaurant has its own mini-bar.
One of the best Japanese restaurants in Chicago.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stopped by here for a bite based on reviews from Trip Advisor. I recently read about the resurgence of Logan Square in Bon Apetit and had to check it out.

It was a colder night and the Ramen was rich and tasty with lots of yummy stuff in it. Sushi was very good as were the brussel sprouts. Nice casual atmosphere...would recommend just based on Ramen!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I've been staying in Chicago 2 weeks a month for the last few months for work from LA. I'm always craving good sushi in the Logan Square area that I can walk to and finally there is a place. They have a great combination of sushi and hot food and I can walk there from my company!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Marinated octopus does not necessarily sound all that delectable, but Taco Wasabi, which you don't actually find on their menu, it a perfect balance of crunch and the wasabi marinade. They are small portions, but the taco wasabis are worth every penny. The ramen, especially the spicy ramen with the extra pork is amazing. I have been trying to find all of the places I can that serve ramen, and this is by far the best. The portions are large - I can only finish half every time.
The atmosphere is also nice and cozy. It is not a very big place, so there are frequently lines if you come during dinner rush hour. However, the location is also BYOB and there is no corkage fee to offset the wait.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Tip: BYOB.

Pros: delicious food, fresh ingredients, creative, good presentation, service ok (it could be better) nice decor, authentic Japanese restaurant (99% Asian guests).

We had the pork belly spring rolls. They were terrific! Really tasty. Interesting mix of flavors.
We also tasted the tonkotsu and spicy ramen noodles. The broth was very flavorful and rich. Delicious.