“Half shell paradise”
Review of GT Fish & Oyster

GT Fish & Oyster
Reserve with OpenTable
GT Fish & Oyster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 9,832 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grand
Description: As yet another fantastic Boka Restaurant Group endeavor, GT Fish & Oyster opened in March of 2011, and has helped redefine the American seafood restaurant. Michelin starred, and Food and Wines Best New Chef 2008, Giuseppe Tentori, has developed a menu that's half-traditional, half modern, in an everchanging small plates format. The restaurant received three stars from the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun Times, and 4 stars from Time Out Chicago.
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great oyster selection and tasty, creative seafood entrees. Knowledgeable, friendly bartenders provide great service.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

There is a trend in the downtown restaurants scene these days to go with the "small plate" idea. Basically what this means is, like the airlines charging your for every amenity, unless you're willing to spend a lot of money, you're going to walk out hungry.
The food was ok. Some of it was interesting (like the fish tacos) some of it was very uninspired (like the shrimp bruschetta). Most of it was just...small. The wine pour, again...small for the price.
The standout was dessert! Lovely chocolate granache w/ passion fruit reduction..just fantastic.
Overall, we won't go back. It's just not enough food for the money. Are you listening, Chefs???

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My girlfriend and I booked a table here for Valentines day 2014, back in Dec 2013.

They called to let me know that they would be doing Prix Fixe, 6 course menu only, with some optional oysters and wine pairing. We decided to stick with it and trust they were putting something special together. They did!

Probably the mest meal I've had in my life, along with some of the best wine. Was also the most expensive meal I've ever paid for, but we started with a bottle of Rose AND did the wine pairings, so we sort of knew what we were in for, and wanted to celebrate. It was simply amazing.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

First, my review is only about the brunch. I have tried the quiche - it is ok, but the taste is a bit bland and texture is soggy, so not very impressive. The famed oyster slider is again just ok - nothing extraordinary. The service is not bad, but non impressive either. So I do not know if it is worth the hype.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This place is near both mine and my husband's offices in Downtown Chicago, so we met here for dinner on a Friday. Even at 5:30 it was busy, but luckily we had reservations. The interior is lovely, creative, and comfortable, and the service is very pleasant and attentive.

We ordered, to share: clam chowder; PEI mussels; lobster mac and cheese; duck confit; a variety of different oysters; and chocolate ganache for dessert. My favorite was the lobster mac and cheese - I could have eaten just that and been satisfied! My husband said his favorite was the clam chowder. The duck was delectable, and the mussels were large and the bread they came with tasted delicious dipped in the tomato sauce. Then there's the oysters: so good, and all tasted distinct from one another. Dessert was amazing - my husband said the pastry chef is supposed to be a big deal or something.

As you can tell from this overly enthusiastic review, this place was great - go here for a date night or with friends and order everything on the menu! You won't be disappointed.

Been to GT Fish & Oyster? Share your experiences!