“Wonderful, Fun dinner”
Review of GT Fish & Oyster

GT Fish & Oyster
Reserve with OpenTable
GT Fish & Oyster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 9,668 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grand
Description: As yet another fantastic Boka Restaurant Group endeavor, GT Fish & Oyster opened in March of 2011, and has helped redefine the American seafood restaurant. Michelin starred, and Food and Wines Best New Chef 2008, Giuseppe Tentori, has developed a menu that's half-traditional, half modern, in an everchanging small plates format. The restaurant received three stars from the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun Times, and 4 stars from Time Out Chicago.
Atherton, California
“Wonderful, Fun dinner”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My girlfriend made reservations at this restaurant as I was traveling with my husband and he would be at a business dinner. We had a great time!
Our server was a very helpful cheerful young man. My friend ordered a bottle of Flowers Chardonnay which went so nicely with our meal. The oysters were fresh, briny and served with delicious sauces. With the help of Patrick, we ordered tuna poke and the shrimp bruschetta for starters. Tuna poke was great, but I have never had shrimp bruschetta and it was fantastic. I am going to make it for our next dinner party. At the suggestion of Patrick, we had the oyster po boy. Again, stunned. How could it be so good. We followed these great small bites with the steamed bass and fish tacos. The tacos were outstanding. I order them often (and always in Cabo), so I've had a few and found these perfect. The sea bass may have just been a fluke off night (hard not to be generous when everything else was so amazing), but it was cut into small pieces and served in the bamboo steamer basket and was a disappointment. Pieces that small I imagine have to be attended to carefully. Our bass was very very dry and the only dish we left. The good news was it left room for dessert. I asked about the sea salt caramel tart and Patrick told us it was a favorite of his. Okay, this is almost ridiculously good. Somehow, it manages not to be over the top when it is over the top. My girlfriend and I split it and there was not a bit of creamy caramel left. The crust was crisp and flaky, the Carmel had sea salt that stood out in just the right amount to compliment the sweetness of the rich caramel. Very well done! Strongly recommend this fun, lively casual dinner spot.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Terrie K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
ATL
“One of the best meals I've ever had”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This place has it all - great service, amazing food, and reasonable price.

We went with 5 people, and shared 8 plates total + 2 desserts. That was plenty for all of us. The food was all delicious, timed perfectly (they brought out the next dish just as we were finished with the previous one).

We paid about $200 for 5 people for food + dessert including tax & tip (our wine was separate).

although it's hard to get a reservation at this place, if you can get it, I highly recommend going!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank scootch21
Atlanta, Georgia
“Went back for more!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

One of the best ... Anywhere
GT (Giuseppe Tentori, the chef) is creative and a perfectionist. Everything coming out of the kitchen was exquisite.
The Oysters (6 varieties, and i tried them all) were amazingly fresh and delightfully tasty.
The staff were all attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly.
Each dish was unique and perfect tasting serving for two. We love to share dishes, and three hot plates were just enough after a dozen oysters.
Clam chowder, more clam than stew.
Grilled octopus, seriously, combining potatoes, heart of palm, marinated mushrooms and binding with mustard is clever and weirdly cohesive.
The Cioppini was light with fresh fish, shrimp at perfect consistency.
Top it all off by WOW desserts, salted caramel tart with bananas and best ever vanilla whipped creme, and close second, choc ganache of perfect consistency.
GTs hot sauces were amazing too... Ask to take a small bottle home.
I LOVE to drown food in hot sauce but his dishes were so fine, I didn't want to mask the flavors... The sauce tastes like he hand-mashed the pepper in front of you and put it in the bottle just then. Yum.
...
When we travel , we explore as much as possible, and live bya few simple rules... One of them, is to never see the same restaurant more than once in a trip... GT made us break our vow... And if we had an extra day, or if I could order an oyster po'boy for breakfast, I WOULD!
Do yourself a favor, and visit GT on your next visit to Chicago .
See you around!

1 Thank V R
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great brunch”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Great food and atmosphere at GT. definitely worth a visit. Would definitely go back and try it for dinner.

New York, New York, United States
“The freshest seafood”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Was in the area looking for a place to eat, and aroundme application showed this place with great Zagat review. This was the best seafood I tried since my visit to Tokyo three years age.
Tip: do not order the main course - just pick three appetizers.

• Visited December 2012