“SO MUCH FUN!!”

Ranked #8 of 185 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The Segway tour we took this weekend with Segway Experience of Chicago was some of the most fun I have ever had. Seriously. Like, crazy fun. Mr. H and I took Little H, and we all had a blast. We haven't stopped talking about it and now Little H wants one to ride to school.

Our guides, Ed and Jonathan, were fantastic. They were funny, knowledgable, and made sure that we were safe and comfortable on the Segway. I was a little nervous at first, but it's amazing how fast you learn to ride! After a short orientation, we were off and gliding. Riding a Segway is so much easier than I anticipated. I totally geeked out, it was so so so much fun. (Not to pump my own tires, but I think I'm really good at this Segway thing and may go pro. Anyone wanna sponsor me??)

We chose the two-hour Park Glide Tour. Ed and Jon took us to Grant Park, Buckingham Fountain, Soldier Field, Museum Campus, and along the Lakeside Bike Path. The time flew by and we were so bummed when the tour was over. Our goal is to take each of the tours that they offer, especially the upcoming Holiday Lights Tour (perfect for Christmas freaks like me).

I strongly recommend Segway Experience of Chicago to everyone, especially people who like having awesome fun. And if you don't like having fun, try it anyway. You may just end up being a better person after.

1  Thank Sara H

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great Segway experience. More about seeing the sites than hearing a boring monologue. Eric and Tim were awesome.

1  Thank Amymc3
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We rode a Segway for the first time,and enjoyed every second of the experience. Thank you Jonathan Helvee for providing us with a great memory lasting experience.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Damien, our guide, took us out and about after giving the best lesson on how to ride the Segway! He was fun and informative! As a senior citizen, I was sure that I couldn't do this tour, but Damien made it so easy and I was not only riding but comfortable in just a couple of minutes!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We took advantage of a Groupon to make today's excursion possible. All I can say is...wow, what an amazingly fun thing to do!! Damian and Ryan were our very witty and knowledgeable tour guides and it took all of about 30 seconds for us to become comfortable negotiating our new mode of transport! Segways rock! It did not hurt that today was a gorgeous fall day and we got to crunch over leaves, see the beautiful blue of Lake Michigan and ride alongside the
Columbus Day parade!! We learned new things about Chicago even though we have lived here for a few decades. The guides were patient, happy to take family photos and offered a nice break in the middle of the tour. Our teenage son thought this was the best outing we've ever had! Tip if you are driving in for the tour...park at 17 E. Adams parking garage and the guys will give you a validated ticket that takes $11 off your parking rate. Fun, fun, fun!! We can't wait to do it again!

1  Thank chicagogirl19