“Will do this again when friends visit”
Review of Foodie & The Feast - CLOSED

Foodie & The Feast
More attraction details
Owner description: Foodie & the Feast is your walking culinary adventure to the grand buffet of Chicago! We bring visitors and locals outside of the tourist areas and into Chicago's beautiful neighborhoods, taking you on a scrumptious journey to get to know the Windy City through your stomach.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Will do this again when friends visit”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I had a lot of fun on the two tours I took (East Lakeview & Andersonville). Our tour guide's recommendations were spot on, but I liked how I was still able to choose whatever I wanted. Most other tours just give you a sample whether you like that type of food or not. As a Chicago resident for 5 years, I was pleasantly surprised to find really good food at places near me that I had never thought to stop in before. I can't wait to surprise my family the next time they come into town to eat!

2 Thank trab32

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kept my mouth watering and my stomach satisfied!”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Our tour guide Carey was energetic and informative. She spoke knowledgeably about each food stop giving interesting background about the owners, the eats and the neighborhood.

This is definitely something I would recommend to out-of-towners. There is more to Chicago than the Mag Mile and this is perfect way to get away from the tourist traps and explore the city.

Also, local Chicagoans will discover some hidden gems of their own. Even though I'm a native of the city, Foodie & the Feast opened the doors to restaurants I've never been to before. Each place was more delicious than the one previous... and affordable too!

I actually can't wait to go on the other tours F & the F offer! I've been on other walking food tours and they can't compete with this one. Just as the name suggests, food that you want to feast on is the main attraction of Foodie & the Feast. With the others, it seemed like the food took a back seat to an extensive history lesson.

Thanks Foodie & the Feast for keeping my mouth watering and my stomach full. When the tour ended I was completely satisfied!

1 Thank Tegan232
Chicago, Illinois
“If you love Chicago and food you do not want to miss this tour!”
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Listen Chicago!
Your are doing a major disservice to yourself if you do not take this tour! I have lived in Chicago for the last twelve years and thought I knew every place to get great food and Foodie and the Feast checked my butt on this! This tour is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G if you go with another friend who loves food and lives in the city or if you want to look like a rockstar to your guests in for the weekend this is a win/win choice! Let me break it down for you...
Carey will give you a location to meet at and then she will take you on a culinary joy ride! She will give you a history of the area you are in along with a synopsis of every place you visit. She parteners up with the establishments you are visiting so sometimes you can expect to be greeted by the owners and given oral history staright from their mouths. Definitely bring a friend with you to share and I gurantee you will find places that you will go back to and try more of the menu! Another bonus of this tour is that you control what you eat as well as how much money you spend! Unlike some of the other food tours I have been on, YOU GET TO CHOOSE WHAT YOU WANT TO TRY! Yes, that's right you are the driver of your culinary tour so do not worry if you have food allergies or just simply do not care for something.... you still can enjoy yourself!
This is a great tour to do with family, friends or for an after work team building trip in the city.
Come on Chicago get off your couches and spend a couple hours in a neighborhood finding great new restaurants and supporting the local business owners that make our city unique and great!

“Experience Chicago!”
Reviewed May 25, 2011

The Foodie & the Feast tour is a great way to learn about hidden gems in Chicago's neighborhoods. I went with a group of friends for the Uptown/Andersonville tour, and it was a blast. Carey Nichols, our guide for the afternoon, shared her knowledge of the history of the neighborhood. We saw one place where 'Public Enemies' was filmed, and had a drink at the Green Mill, local hang out of Al Capone. I actually live in the area, and had never been to many of the restaurants we visited. They were all very good and offered unique options. I've been back to several of the restaurants since the tour. Thanks, Foodie & the Feast!!!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fun and Informative”
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I have visited chicago several times and one of my favorite parts is exploring the food. This tour was a great way to find hidden gems in neighborhoods I would not otherwise visit. We went to a variety of places and tried food I had never experienced before. Our guide was knowledgeable about the history of the neighborhoods as well so I was happy to learn a bit about Chicago's rich past.