Cubby Bear Lounge
Ranked #50 of 571 Nightlife in Chicago
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I were here for the Cubs game on Fri, July 13. Service was ok. Very loud and crowded. Food was pretty good. Ended up leaving and finding a smaller place down the road that wasn't crowded with obnoxious drunk people.

Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Another stop on our Wrigley Pub Crawl. I heard a lot about it, glad I went, don't need to go again. It is another self-serve place. And, it felt similar to being in a warehouse. The location can't be beat & would be great for large groups.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stopped in here after a tour of Wrigley Field. I would think with all the business they get here Year Round because of their proximity-kiddie corner to the ball park- they would use some of the profits to dude it up a little bit. But, it's just a regular bar but without any Chicago character and that's a shame. Found parking on street two doors down with a meter. Five bucks a can a beer. The only cool thing is while sitting at the bar, you can see the big Wrigley marquee out the window. Lots of folks walking around for not being a gameday. There was a parking lot in back but the waitress didnt know if I could use it. Looks like I wont be using it!

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Tickets to hear two good bands last weekend and turned out to be the single worst concert experience we ever had because Cubby Bear is such a lousy venue. Promotion said doors open at 8:30, opening act at 9:00. Crowd was held outside in cold till after 9:00, for no good reason and then directed from one entrance to another in disorganized chaos. Opening act didn't start till after 10:00 which left us standing there for over an hour listening to god awful piped in "music" at a volume that precluded all conversation, while we drank $6 flat beer from plastic cups. After the opening act we stood for another hour with our shoes sticking to the filthy floor (again listening to god awful piped in "music" that precluded all conversation). Finally after 11.00 the main act started. There is no worse concert venue in Chicago in my opinion. We'll never go back.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Entered here after a Cubs win and found what seemed to be the after party! Everyone was having a great time! Great music for dancing, quick service. Drinks are very pricey but that should be expected in a place across from a ballpark I guess. Must be 21 to enter

Been to Cubby Bear Lounge? Share your experiences!