“Worst concert venue in Chicago”
Review of Cubby Bear Lounge

Cubby Bear Lounge
Ranked #50 of 566 Nightlife in Chicago
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Tickets to hear two good bands last weekend and turned out to be the single worst concert experience we ever had because Cubby Bear is such a lousy venue. Promotion said doors open at 8:30, opening act at 9:00. Crowd was held outside in cold till after 9:00, for no good reason and then directed from one entrance to another in disorganized chaos. Opening act didn't start till after 10:00 which left us standing there for over an hour listening to god awful piped in "music" at a volume that precluded all conversation, while we drank $6 flat beer from plastic cups. After the opening act we stood for another hour with our shoes sticking to the filthy floor (again listening to god awful piped in "music" that precluded all conversation). Finally after 11.00 the main act started. There is no worse concert venue in Chicago in my opinion. We'll never go back.

There are newer reviews for Cubby Bear Lounge

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Entered here after a Cubs win and found what seemed to be the after party! Everyone was having a great time! Great music for dancing, quick service. Drinks are very pricey but that should be expected in a place across from a ballpark I guess. Must be 21 to enter

Reviewed April 10, 2012

This was my first time in Wrigleyville. So glad my husband drug me over to this bar. We had a blast. In fact, it looked as though EVERYONE was having a blast. Cubs win!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Visited the Cubby Bear for its location found some great atmosphere and live music, however when the bill came after only being there for 4 hours the waitress had charged me and my boyfriend for 16 $5 beers, when confronting her she stated that was the correct number. we paid and left.
be careful.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

Went to the Cubby bear before a Cubs game to take in the local atmosphere that surrounds Wrigley Field. The bar was filled with middle aged men that probably didn't make 6 figures that all acted like they had a few Ferrari's back at the chateau. This male exaggeration was all in hopes to catch the eye of the"hotties" that were half their age working at the Cubby Bear.
When asking for water at at 11am I can offer you a cup of ice and there is a fountain in the basement. It seemed to take forever to get my beer that I ordered, but I was forgiving considering that the place was packed a few hours before game time. Once the beer arrived it was delivered to me in a plastic cup. You would think that a pint glass, made of real glass, would not be too much trouble. If I wanted to drink from plastic I would have stopped off at the local frat boys house.
There are more options in the area that offer better service and great food. Skip it! Unless you are 43, chubby, have grey hair and want to act like a 21 year old frat boy.

1  Thank dr_foucault

Been to Cubby Bear Lounge? Share your experiences!