Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2016

First time for a B&B. I chose the Venetian as I wanted a private bath. Ron, the Innkeeper, was able to accommodate my early morning arrival. He provided a tour of the house, explained the features and breakfast service, showed me to my room and was a great source of information on the city and my getting around for my scheduled appointments. I was out and about the majority of the time, but found my room satisfactory for my needs .. sleep, shower and coffee in the morning. Some updating and renovating would certainly enhance the property ... but I enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
VillaInnkeeper, General Manager at The Villa Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2017

Thanks for staying at The Villa Toscana Chicago, Mike. I hope you will return soon!
=Ron, Innkeeper

Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

Our game for the Cubs was rained out so we called to see if they could save our reservation for a future stay because we weren't making the 5 hour drive, and they never called back. Disappointed in customer service as the first time we called a rude woman answered the phone and was less than accommodating.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

I preface this review by saying that we have stayed in many B&Bs. We were looking for a place near Lincoln Park and this location in Boys Town was great. The pluses about staying here are the location and the flexibility of the staff for our arrival. Our plane was significantly delayed and Rosemary made sure we could pick up a key and gain access to the Bnb.

What was disappointing is that, unlike the Bnbs we've stayed in, the condition of the house was worn. Our room was in a basement like area. The room was tiny but more significantly was not clean or in good condition. The sink stopper was missing, there was a bit of mold or other substance on the rubber shower curtain, and the ceiling vent was crusted with dirt and dust. The bed mattress was poor and cratered toward the middle. Amenities like matching sheets and little shampoos or soaps were also missing. Also, although clearly stated, unlike most Bnbs that take pride in their breakfasts, here there is only a DYI continental breakfast of some English muffins or toast, hard boiled eggs, and some pieces of fruit.

In short, while I am partial to staying in Bnbs, we will not be returning to this one. It could be so much cleaner and/or more charming. Instead, while in a great location, without improvements I cannot recommend it.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Marigot1
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights at The Villa Toscana. Our first B&B experience. We stayed in The Empire Room or room#2. It was located across from the shared bathroom. Although, a shared bathroom is a new experience for us, surprisingly we were never inconvenienced. We will most definitely go back. Location is fabulous. Especially if you like great food, good drinks and Cubs baseball. Walking distance to several different places of interest.
Upon EARLY arrival, we were pleasantly greeted by Ron, the Inn Keeper. He not only had our room available, showed us around the property and explained any and all questions that we had, he also gave us great insight on where to dine.
Even though the house was at capacity it was very quiet and private. We did have the opportunity to have short conversations with other occupants, usually during included continental breakfast hours. All seemed as pleased as we are.
We look forward to returning very soon.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracyyates8
VillaInnkeeper, Manager at The Villa Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2016

Thanks so much for giving this review of the inn! I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in Chicago and I hope you will return -- perhaps if the Cubbies make it to the World Series?? Thanks again and please come back.

Reviewed July 5, 2016

My partner and I stayed at the Villa Toscana for two nights over the July 4th weekend, 2016. We had the best time! As members of the LGBTQ community, we were looking for something in this neighborhood. The grounds are gorgeous. Ron, the host, is very accommodating. He booked us for 2 nights rather than the required 3 for a weekend, and when I mentioned that I have a hard time sleeping, he booked us in one of the quieter rooms. The continental breakfast was fine for our needs--coffee, toast, fruit, peanut butter, simple. We will definitely stay here again when back in the Chicago area.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for your review! I enjoyed meeting you-all and I certainly hope you will return soon. September is a "perfect" month to visit Chicago - still warm, not cool yet, just right. Thanks again for staying with me at The Villa Toscana Chicago!