Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

I preface this review by saying that we have stayed in many B&Bs. We were looking for a place near Lincoln Park and this location in Boys Town was great. The pluses about staying here are the location and the flexibility of the staff for our arrival. Our plane was significantly delayed and Rosemary made sure we could pick up a key and gain access to the Bnb.

What was disappointing is that, unlike the Bnbs we've stayed in, the condition of the house was worn. Our room was in a basement like area. The room was tiny but more significantly was not clean or in good condition. The sink stopper was missing, there was a bit of mold or other substance on the rubber shower curtain, and the ceiling vent was crusted with dirt and dust. The bed mattress was poor and cratered toward the middle. Amenities like matching sheets and little shampoos or soaps were also missing. Also, although clearly stated, unlike most Bnbs that take pride in their breakfasts, here there is only a DYI continental breakfast of some English muffins or toast, hard boiled eggs, and some pieces of fruit.

In short, while I am partial to staying in Bnbs, we will not be returning to this one. It could be so much cleaner and/or more charming. Instead, while in a great location, without improvements I cannot recommend it.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Marigot1
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights at The Villa Toscana. Our first B&B experience. We stayed in The Empire Room or room#2. It was located across from the shared bathroom. Although, a shared bathroom is a new experience for us, surprisingly we were never inconvenienced. We will most definitely go back. Location is fabulous. Especially if you like great food, good drinks and Cubs baseball. Walking distance to several different places of interest.
Upon EARLY arrival, we were pleasantly greeted by Ron, the Inn Keeper. He not only had our room available, showed us around the property and explained any and all questions that we had, he also gave us great insight on where to dine.
Even though the house was at capacity it was very quiet and private. We did have the opportunity to have short conversations with other occupants, usually during included continental breakfast hours. All seemed as pleased as we are.
We look forward to returning very soon.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracyyates8
VillaInnkeeper, Manager at The Villa Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2016

Thanks so much for giving this review of the inn! I am pleased that you enjoyed your time in Chicago and I hope you will return -- perhaps if the Cubbies make it to the World Series?? Thanks again and please come back.

Reviewed July 5, 2016

My partner and I stayed at the Villa Toscana for two nights over the July 4th weekend, 2016. We had the best time! As members of the LGBTQ community, we were looking for something in this neighborhood. The grounds are gorgeous. Ron, the host, is very accommodating. He booked us for 2 nights rather than the required 3 for a weekend, and when I mentioned that I have a hard time sleeping, he booked us in one of the quieter rooms. The continental breakfast was fine for our needs--coffee, toast, fruit, peanut butter, simple. We will definitely stay here again when back in the Chicago area.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for your review! I enjoyed meeting you-all and I certainly hope you will return soon. September is a "perfect" month to visit Chicago - still warm, not cool yet, just right. Thanks again for staying with me at The Villa Toscana Chicago!

Reviewed June 13, 2016

Found this on air B and B. Great location. Especially if you are going to a Cubs game at Wrigley . Very easy walk to park. Nice room, clean, very older home. Nice host 7 rooms available. Some with shared baths. Sine with private bath. Nice little continental breakfast. Air conditioned too. Will stay here again. Great price.

Room tip: Had a shared bath which worked out fine but private baths are available
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
VillaInnkeeper, Manager at The Villa Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Thank you so much for visiting the inn recently! It was a pleasure to host you here and I hope you will return soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2015

We could see from the start it was going to be a horrible night... We just didn't know how horrible. Extremely bad place, very bad management and even worse hospitality.

The hotel is in a sketchy neighborhood (i.e., people sleeping on top of garbage containers around the corner), and is very old and very badly taken care of. Good thing we had to stay only one night, so we didn't have to use the shower. The fact that every room has its own theme is a good effort with a horribly bad result.

But the absolute worst is the people running it. They literally threw us out for "wandering around the hotel". (mind you, the "hotel" is nothing but a small house, with even smaller and crammed rooms). We were resting in the living room area, and as I started to doze off, management came nearly screaming that we're welcome to stay there, but that it was not a room in which we could sleep. After a while, my wife had to get changed, and after finding a great spot to do so, but before actually getting changed, we were literally and forcefully thrown out.

Do not recommend, at all. Don't waste your money there.

Room tip: Do not stay in this hotel
Date of stay: September 2015
2  Thank Rafael T

Well ... we can't please everybody, and sorry you were disappointed, but the living room is not a sleeping area. I don't think I've ever seen someone "sleeping on top of a garbage container around the corner," but I fail to see what that has to do with the inn. In any case, thank you for visiting the inn last fall and best wishes on your future travels!