Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 13, 2016

Found this on air B and B. Great location. Especially if you are going to a Cubs game at Wrigley . Very easy walk to park. Nice room, clean, very older home. Nice host 7 rooms available. Some with shared baths. Sine with private bath. Nice little continental breakfast. Air conditioned too. Will stay here again. Great price.

Room tip: Had a shared bath which worked out fine but private baths are available
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
VillaInnkeeper, Manager at The Villa Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Thank you so much for visiting the inn recently! It was a pleasure to host you here and I hope you will return soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2015

We could see from the start it was going to be a horrible night... We just didn't know how horrible. Extremely bad place, very bad management and even worse hospitality.

The hotel is in a sketchy neighborhood (i.e., people sleeping on top of garbage containers around the corner), and is very old and very badly taken care of. Good thing we had to stay only one night, so we didn't have to use the shower. The fact that every room has its own theme is a good effort with a horribly bad result.

But the absolute worst is the people running it. They literally threw us out for "wandering around the hotel". (mind you, the "hotel" is nothing but a small house, with even smaller and crammed rooms). We were resting in the living room area, and as I started to doze off, management came nearly screaming that we're welcome to stay there, but that it was not a room in which we could sleep. After a while, my wife had to get changed, and after finding a great spot to do so, but before actually getting changed, we were literally and forcefully thrown out.

Do not recommend, at all. Don't waste your money there.

Room tip: Do not stay in this hotel
Date of stay: September 2015
2  Thank Rafael T

Well ... we can't please everybody, and sorry you were disappointed, but the living room is not a sleeping area. I don't think I've ever seen someone "sleeping on top of a garbage container around the corner," but I fail to see what that has to do with the inn. In any case, thank you for visiting the inn last fall and best wishes on your future travels!

Reviewed August 24, 2015

Location is great, especially if you're gay. Room was clean, quiet but shared bathroom could be cleaner. Don't look at shades in the window lol. Price is ok, since Chicago is expensive. Breakfast was like other places. B&B are not what they used to be, hard to find good proteins. Wifi not great, I used my phone data instead. Hosts were nice. Next time I might look at airbnb.

Room tip: Room upstairs front is good and quiet
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
VillaInnkeeper, Manager at The Villa Toscana, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2015

Thanks for the review, stephbearca. I hope you will give us another try on a future visit!

Reviewed July 9, 2015

We chose Villa Toscana primarily for location in a vibrant colourful neighbourhood with good transport links downtown. Responding to my initial booking Ron the host was super helpful in booking additional nights during a very busy period and very responsive to my questions around out of hours check in (he needed to leave earlier than normal on the day of our arrival).

It was unfortunate therefore that having made a special effort to arrive at times that suited him we still found nobody available to greet us or show us our room. Thanks to a lovely fellow resident who lent us his US mobile we managed to contact the owners who sorted everything out, but it certainly wasn't the start to our stay we had been hoping for.

Our Moroccan themed room however was lovely, tucked away down the side at the rear of the property with a comfortable double bed, nice furnishings and a dark, cool sanctuary of peace so close to the excitement of North Halsted. By European standards the room was OK but in comparison with most US beds and bedrooms I can understand why many would call it small and cramped and there was very little natural light. The bathroom was perfectly functional but is definitely "characterful" bordering on "in need of a refurbishment" with peeling paint, tired fittings and with more than its fair share of cobwebs.

Breakfast offers a limited but high quality choice of cereals, bagels, pastries and fruit. Coffee and juices are also freely available and we certainly found it fine for our purposes. Hours are from 6am to 11am so great for flexible starts but don't expect the usual B&B service. Breakfast is a strictly a DIY affair eaten in the kitchen, often standing up (there are only three stools!), sometimes chatting with your fellow guests.
We actually only saw our host for about 10 minutes in the 5 days we were there which wasn't an issue for us but certainly not what we've experienced in other B&Bs.

Location is perfect, ten minutes walk from the Addison Red Line CTA station and in the heart of great restaurants and bars on N Halsted, Clark and N Broadway. At the front of the property there is a lovely shaded deck great for relaxing but often used for smoking if that bothers you.

Generally we found Villa Toscana offered good value for money in a great location and for what we wanted suited our purposes exactly. However it could do with some attention to the decor and it had none of the personal charm you often hope to find in B&Bs which was a shame.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of The Villa Toscana Chicago. It is unfortunate that you were not greeted as arranged. In any case, I hope you will give us another try if you find yourselves in the Chicago area again.

Reviewed July 7, 2015

I have stayed here a handful of times and have usually enjoyed it but have noticed recently it is starting to slip. The innkeeper Ron seems to have lost interest in being a good host and on the over-all upkeep. Breakfast has gotten sparse and wasnt even put out on my recent stay. The lower level rooms are in a desperate need of a redo. Great location and free parking but there are better options

Room tip: Basement rooms are quietest except for doors closing. Rooms VERY small.
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank cupctodd

Thank you, cupctodd, for your review of the inn. I am curious as to when you were here and experienced no breakfast! I was away during part of June and wonder if you visited then. Please contact me at ron@thevillatoscana.com, if you'd like to share more information with me. Or, better yet, come visit again and give us another try!