“The Food was Fresh and Hot”
Review of Hoyt's Tavern

Hoyt's Tavern
Ranked #427 of 10,147 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wacker Drive & Wabash Avenue
Transit: Red, Pink, Green, Orange, Brown, or Purple Line to State & Lake.
Description: With views of the iconic Chicago River, Hoyt's reflects modern tavern fare while focusing on the atmosphere of a Chicago neighborhood dining experience. We feature seasonal, market fresh, and healthy offerings while emphasizing Hoyt's creative twist on traditional comfort foods. Get your day started "Hoyt's style" with an outstanding cup of Starbucks coffee and a pastry, or choose from our a la carte and "grab and go" breakfast options. We pack big tavern taste into our lunch items, where you can grab a quick mid-day bite in between meetings or enjoy a late lunch. In the evening, Hoyt's tavern comes alive to capture an after work crowd looking for a high energy and social environment. Hoyt's dinner menu features signature shared items like cheese curds and our calamari, balanced with simple, yet sophisticated tavern entree items like beef tenderloin or our seared salmon loin. Our all American wines, beers and cocktails will complete your evening with a memorable spin
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Wyndham and this is the hotel's restaurant. We ate several breakfasts, lunches and dinners there. I wasn't crazy about the coffee - a little strong for me, but the food was good. Service staff was very nice and welcomed us back each time we came in. Our server during happy hour was attentive to ensure we ordered before the prices changed and we appreciated that.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

She was friendly and very helpful to my mother and me.
We needed extra help with the oxygen tank and she sat us accordingly.
I really appreciate all she done for us.
The atmosphere and food were excellent!

Reviewed May 16, 2018

Hoyt’s tavern and café in the hotel Wyndham Grand Chicago on Wacker Drive says it “redefines the modern American tavern, fusing re-imagined Mid-Western comfort food with a warm and social vibe.” It does no such thing. On my first visit, I was seated by one person to whom I said, yes, I would have coffee please. A second offered me coffee somewhat later - after the first one hadn’t given me anything. That one also took my order, and after a lengthy wait, a third person delivered the order. The eggs were fine; the bacon was crispy (as it always is in the USA), and the breakfast potatoes were soft and old. (I left most of them.) A fourth person gave me my check after the third person was asked but didn’t. Overall, not that impressive for an order that was essentially very simple. On another occasion I was shown to a table, given a menu and no one ever came back. (The place had six customers in it). After ten minutes I left. The guy who sat me down thanked me for coming. Go figure!

Reviewed May 12, 2018

Darian, our hostess, made our time on the patio at Hoyt’s such a great evening. From the moment she invited to our seat, she just had the most beautiful smile. Her customer service was impeccable; she was personable, helpful, and just a joy to be around. You could tell she has a love for people and enjoys what she does. Inside is another review.

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

The food and drinks were really good but what really made our bar visit was our hostess Darian! My sister and I told her it was our first trip to Chicago and that it was only a few days. She showed us a ton of places to go and even prioritized them for us in case we didn’t have time to get to it all. Very personable and very professional. Thank you Darian for making our happy hour and trip so awesome!

Been to Hoyt's Tavern? Share your experiences!