“An Experience Like No Other”
Review of Ing - CLOSED

Ing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: West Loop
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“An Experience Like No Other”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

During a recent trip to Chicago, a friend treated my son and I to dinner here. The food was excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed each course. The only thing that impressed me more than the food was the people. My friend had asked that we have a tour of the kitchen because my son is a fan of Future Foods. They went above and beyond our expectation and had us also tour the Moto laboratory, as well. It was truly an experience like no other.

• Visited June 2013

Melville, New York
“Unique experience, sorely lacking on tasty dessert courses and lacking in variety and substance of dinner portion.”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Miracle berry tablet concept interesting. Was not thrilled with child like food concept. Not what i had in mind when selecting a tasting menu at an upscale restaurant. Dinner courses were good but not diverse or plentiful. Enjoyed hidden ranch vegetables and beef cheese soup and duck waffles. But they were not waffles. They were potato
Chips. So enjoyed small piece of duck with potato
chips for dinner ? Unfortunately the remainder of the courses were not enjoyable. Small piece of cheese with honey foam on a spoon; banana split made up of nothing that remotely resembles or tastes like a banana split. It was inedible by both me and my guest. Next course broccoli ice cream with coconut pieces. Need I say more? This was called almond joy but was not a joy. Staff attentive and polite. Bathrooms had many small flees and flies that should have been cleaned. Unique experience. Will not repeat.

• Visited June 2013
Richland, Michigan
“Really unique experience and good food”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went here recently on a business dinner. It was a multi-course experience of interesting foods paired with drinks. I really liked the concept ... Changing menu (we had Wonder Years) with interesting pairings, the miracle berry for added intrigue. I loved the Hidden Valley ranch course, the duck patty, the almond joy dessert. I didn't always like the drinks though.... Interesting to try, but some weren't my preference. the miracle berry taste trapping was cool.... I didn't notice a huge change but did note sour going more towards sweet. The meal was pretty long and the chairs weren't that comfortable.

• Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Childhood nostalgia for this big kid.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I wrote a negative review about iNG in January, however, five months later, I made my way back to iNG with my sister to give it a second chance. The meal was fantastic. Whatever issues I had with the reservation system in the past have been erased by the playful and delicious Wonder Years Menu. Rarely do you find a tasting menu where you enjoy every single course, but that is what my sister and I both experienced last night.

The Hidden Valley Ranch course would make any kid (even a big one) enjoy her vegetables. This was followed by the most delicate shrimp cocktail I've had in a long time. The next course was one of my favorites, beer-cheese soup made from Wisconsin's finest aged cheddar. The three little pigs and the duck waffles filled us to the brim. The four desserts (honey, banana, root beer and almond joy) were all great. My favorite was the play on a root beer float. Anyone who can combine goat cheese and sasparilla has found a place in my heart. All of that topped off with the excellent beverage pairings and the flavor tripping miracle berry made for a very fun evening.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank TrishaT_Travels
“Unique & adventurous”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Came here with husband & out of country friends. An amazing & fun way to experience dining together. The food, drink pairing, and staff from beginning to end was everything you would expect. Would highly recommend this dining experience.

• Visited April 2013