“Amaz-ING experiences in 3 seasons”
Review of Ing - CLOSED

Ing
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: West Loop
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I love ING in Chicago, having visited it 3 times this past year (Summer, Fall and Winter 2012), one would guess this. Each time, there was a new menu, which made this all the more exciting.

Most memorable - my summer experience (1st time). I didnt know what to expect on this visit, which made it all the more memorable. Without giving too much away, we really enjoyed all the courses and special pairings, and especially loved the ceviche (with miracle berries), and the popcorn dish.

Most creative - Winter - we ate the Nightmare before christmas menu, and loved it. Brough 5 first timers who also loved the experience, especially the chocolate dessert coffins!

Fall was my least favorite, but I go for less heavy flavors and this was a heavy metal theme. I think summer was still my best experience, very fresh tasting, with great uniqueness.

My friend I came with said she loved the food like Alinea (which is huge), and when we overheard the staff saying "we are just little old ing, not Moto" we were flabergasted! They need to have more pride than that! Especially for the great value they provide at half the cost of other similar spots.

Needless to say, I am excited to hopefully stop by in SprING!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've been to iNG before and enjoyed a good tasting menu. I wanted to repeat the experience for my sister and reserved a table over a week ago for this Friday. I had to put down my credit card to secure the reservation and was called by iNG a day after I reserved to confirm the reservation.

Despite all of this, iNG called me two days before my "reservation" and informed me they had taken a late private buyout and therefore I no longer had a table for Friday night. They would accommodate me any other night, but not the night I needed (when my sister was in town). Those planning a special occasion should be wary about a "reservation" actually securing your ability to have a table that night.

1  Thank TrishaT_Travels
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Started out the night with unique drinks: smokin in the boys room, the pond, and alcoholic bubble tea. Then 12 unique small tasting courses set to the theme Nightmare before Christmas all perfectly paired with a unique beverage. It was like taking in an edible art show! ING perfectly timed our New Years Eve countdown with a glass of bubbly made sweet with their signature Miracle Berry powder. I recommend this New Years Eve to everyone!

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I went to iNG as a dinner as part of a seminar, so we had the entire restaurant rented out. The courses were already set and I don't have any idea what to expect. It ended up being an amazing meal! The drink pairings with each of the 6 courses matched perfectly. The food was unexpected but wonderful. I tried, and enjoyed, foods I wasn't sure about. Everything was cooked perfectly. The atmosphere of the restaurant is very simple and leaves a little to be desired but the food was so great, it was easy to overlook that part!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Must gets: miracle berry, smokin in the boys room. Very creative, fun atmosphere. Came here for pre dinner drinks before their sister restaurant Moto.