“Informative, fun and alcoholic”

Chicago Beer Experience
$62.00*
Sin and Suds Beer Tour in the Loop and South Loop
Ranked #4 of 61 Food & Drink in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Chicago Beer Experience Beer Tours offer walkable beer tasting and bar tours in Chicago! We have two neighborhood tours; one in Lakeview & Lincoln Park, and the other in Bucktown & Wicker Park. You'll taste several craft beers, learn about Chicago history from 1833 to the present, and even eat some bacon or a Chicago hot dog! Tours are led by a trained guide, who will weave Chicago history and beer together in a fun, informative way while visiting four establishments, some of which have been around since the days of Prohibition. Perfect for men and women ages 21 to 121, individuals and groups, from bachelor parties to corporate outings, we've got something for everyone.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

With a weekend to entertain myself in Chicago, I stumbled upon this walking tour in the Tripadvisor activities list - the question though, is was it worth paying for someone to show me round a few bars when I could simply find a bar on my own and save money! The answer is an unequivocal YES.

The host (apologies I had too many beers to remember his name) was interesting, funny and had the right balance of talking to us and giving us enough time to enjoy the places we visited.

We visited 4 bars and a wine & beer shop and each one was interesting for different reasons:–

Harrigan’s Pub – a traditional Irish bar with a good selection of beers and good for a pre-walk burger

Paddy longs – chance to try beer and bacon combinations for the first time

Bodega Ramos – a wine & beer shop where we learnt about home brewing

Atlas Brewing Company – where we tried their own brewed beers

Delilah’s - a former speakeasy with the largest selection of Whiskeys I’ve ever seen and an interesting 70’s film on the TV

Overall a very social way of learning a bit about the history of Chicago, understanding how brewing works and varies across the world, oh and the chance to drink 14 beers…… I can’t recommend this enough.......

1  Thank DozyAF
There are newer reviews for Chicago Beer Experience

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I took this tour and it was great. I am so glad we did this tour while in Chicago. It showed us places and taught us history about the city and we learned a ton about beer all at the same time. It is a must regardless if you love beer or not.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

A friend and I took this beer tour today and we had a great time. I am kind of a beer geek and I assumed that the experience would be just Ok. I was very wrong! Our presenter Jen was outstanding. I am sort of a beer snob/ geek and I expected this to be a rather light weight event, but Jen knew her stuff and she was an excellent presenter. The beers were good and the bars were very interesting. I would highly recommend this experience for anyone who is willing to have some good beer and visit interesting pubs.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Jen was our tour guide yesterday. She is a wonderful hostess who knows her beers. We went to 4 different places on the Bucktown tour. We had 10 different high quality, crafted beers. We learned a lot about beer production and history. If you care about beer this is a great tour for you.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I just spent the weekend in Chicago and had the pleasure of spending the afternoon on this beer tour, and had an absolute blast! Ryan was extremely knowledgeable and made it a great tour, not too mention the outstanding bacon we tasted as well. He even had a great recommendation on restaurant that we visited the next night, Bavette's. It was great as well, thanks so much Ryan!