“A Chicago Must-Do!”

and up
Bacon and Brewing Beer Tour in Lakeview and Lincoln Park
Ranked #4 of 61 Food & Drink in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Chicago Beer Experience Beer Tours offer walkable beer tasting and bar tours in Chicago! We have two neighborhood tours; one in Lakeview & Lincoln Park, and the other in Bucktown & Wicker Park. You'll taste several craft beers, learn about Chicago history from 1833 to the present, and even eat some bacon or a Chicago hot dog! Tours are led by a trained guide, who will weave Chicago history and beer together in a fun, informative way while visiting four establishments, some of which have been around since the days of Prohibition. Perfect for men and women ages 21 to 121, individuals and groups, from bachelor parties to corporate outings, we've got something for everyone.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I purchased this tour for my husband's birthday. He loves beer and is really interested in craft brews. I am not a beer aficionado, but I purchased the beer ticket for myself, too. I'm glad I did! Our amazing guide, Bruce, explained so many aspects of beer, that tasting helped bring it all together for me. And while I didn't like the beer, I liked understanding what was being explained. My husband loved several of the brews and enjoyed learning about the history of beer and the brewing process. To make the tour even more interesting, Bruce talked about the history of the Wicker Park/Bucktown area (mobsters, and transvestites, and gambling, oh, my!), showed us great architecture, and fun spots along the way. Bruce took a group of strangers and brought us together for a fantastic night. Do I recommend this tour? Oh, most definitely!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Had a great time on this part of our weekend. Eight of us and Ryan, our guide. He was fun, knowledgeable, and obviously knows (and loves) beer, as we do. We lucked out with a beautiful Saturday so that helped make it perfect. Bacon and beer, who knew? My wife and I do now. :-)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This tour did not disappoint. Our tour guide, Jen, had a lot of great historical facts. This is fun and entertaining for any age. Would highly recommend for tourists and locals.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I went on the tour on a Thursday (in October). I don't know if it was the time of year, time of week, or the slightly cold weather, but only one other couple was with us. I might suggest that if you are looking for a larger crowd, stick to warm weekends; however, I preferred the more intimate setting. The other couple are in the process of starting a brewery in their home state and despite this still had many questions that were aptly answered by our guide Jen. Also, my wife didn't go for the tasting portion and still felt that she liked the tour. For me, the introduction to pumpkin beer was worth the price of admission!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Me and my wife had a great time on our tour with our guide Ryan (I think that is his name?). He led our group to some great bars in the Lakeview/Lincoln Park area and we tried a great variety of brews. Ryan was great, adding great local stories and anecdotes at every turn. We met some great people and tried some truly delicious beers. I actually live a couple blocks from most of the bars, and this still was an amazing experience, especially walking home afterwards :) I would recommend for Chicagoans and vistors alike. Great time!