“Such a fun way to spend the afternoon! Beer, bacon, even learned a few things! Can't beat that!”

Chicago Beer Experience
Book In Advance
More Info
$65.00*
and up
Bacon and Brewing Beer Tour in Lakeview and Lincoln Park
Ranked #4 of 61 Food & Drink in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Chicago Beer Experience Beer Tours offer walkable beer tasting and bar tours in Chicago! We have two neighborhood tours; one in Lakeview & Lincoln Park, and the other in Bucktown & Wicker Park. You'll taste several craft beers, learn about Chicago history from 1833 to the present, and even eat some bacon or a Chicago hot dog! Tours are led by a trained guide, who will weave Chicago history and beer together in a fun, informative way while visiting four establishments, some of which have been around since the days of Prohibition. Perfect for men and women ages 21 to 121, individuals and groups, from bachelor parties to corporate outings, we've got something for everyone.
Reviewed April 15, 2011

This was such a great idea! I am always looking for something new and exciting to do and came across this tour. I went with a big group and friends and let me tell you, we all had a total blast. How can you go wrong? Friends, drinking, BACON and great information on the history of beer! I went in thinking that we were just going to have a great time having some samplings but the tour is so much more than that! You have this super friendly guide and he really keeps the whole thing interesting. I definately want to go on this tour again when I have friends in town. Great way to mix it up and experience Chicago in a different way!

Reviewed April 13, 2011

This beer tour exceeded my expectations, which were admittedly high after reading all of the great reviews. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and even more importantly, very friendly and charming. And the tour offers a wide selection of lagers and ales, and includes pairing beer with bacon at one stop, which was my personal favorite. The cost may seem high but it actually is very reasonable, since you will visit four different places and sample sixteen different beers. The samples are large and provide plenty of buzz -- but be careful; by the end you might be a bit sloshed.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

You'll be surprised to know that a business idea combining beer, a great city, history of said city, humor and didImentionbeer works pretty well. And by "pretty well," I mean this is one of the best tours I've been on, period. I agree with other commenters... groups probably work best but I went with my wife and had a great time meeting other people. Take this tour, you shan't regret it.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

Our tour last weekend exceeded expectations. The guide gave us an overview of the different types of beer, the brewing process and
the history of beer in Chicago (more notable than you'd think). Our guide was fun to be around and really knowable about brews.

My main concern was that the cost seemed high for just a few beers (the company's website estimates you drink about 4 beers on the tour). This was not a problem. First, either I can't hold my liquor or that was more that 4 beers - maybe it was b/c the alcohol % was higher than what I'm used to or b/c I drank the ones my fiancee didn't like. Either way, the cost makes sense for the 3 hours enjoying (and learning about) beer with friends.

Seems best for a group. I'd recommend taking friends or for a cool start to a bachelor or bachelorette party.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

This tour was awesome. I loved learning about Chicago's beer history (I didn't really know we had one) and I loved tasting all the beers- and BACON! Even though I only knew a few friends that I went with, I felt like at the end the entire group was friends (I'm sure the beer had a lot to do with this). If you want more than the average tour try this one!