“Great food small portion”

La Taberna Tapas on Halsted
Ranked #1,348 of 10,110 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maxwell
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Would go back good food for lunch it was about 30 bucks with tip for 2 for lunch. Queso was very good and cheivche

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was not expecting much from this restaurant, not sure why. I recently visited for a friend's birthday and was pleasently surprised by the tapas dishes. I ordered the beef skewer and scallops, along with the churro dessert. I was a huge fan of the skewer, loved the scallops, but didn't care for the churros as much as I thought I would. My friend ordered a chocolate dessert that was out of this world. Service was good, although being in the industry I could have felt more welcomed--now I'm just nit-picking. Will definitely return when I get the chance!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I live in area, had passed this place hundreds of times and this place blends in with other restaurants. I have another favorite Spanish restaurant so did not bother trying this place, but some friends recommended this place and I was wowed!

Why, first, very flavorful food, good service, great decor, not too loud, never too busy for long waits and very reasonably priced, plus there is always some special going on like half priced wine, $5 tapas or $2 draft beer. Have tried many dishes and have liked almost all of them.

They even have outdoor eating.

I have been here 5 times and now it is my favorite Spanish restaurant.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My nephew and his girlfriend took us here when we visited Chicago. There was a huge selection and everything was delicious. Live entertainment played spectacular guitar and some type of bongo drums as we ate. There is outdoor seating. The staff was excellent and service quick. Everyone orders a couple of tapas and the entire table shares.
Recommendations: The bacon wrapped dates, chicken croquettes (favorite with the kids), teh Sangria medley, the goat cheese in tomato sauce. Dessert: Creme brule was spectacular.
We had 7 people, six sangrias and soft drinks, over a dozen tapas, and desserts. Our bill was just over $200 and the tip was included. For Chicago? What a bargain.
Oh yes - the decor was beautiful and colorful.

1  Thank Christean H
Reviewed May 3, 2013

An excellent tapas reasonably priced for the lunch time menu. All the staff were very helpful especially as we had two young grandchildren in the group. Food was excellent and very tasty. Well worth a visit

1  Thank Peter S

Been to La Taberna Tapas on Halsted? Share your experiences!