“Great food!”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Wacker Drive
Description: Hot Woks Cool Sushi represents the culmination of a variety of Asian flavors. Although many of us have been raised in the traditional kitchens of our cultures, the diversity of our world has enabled us to experience and blend the best of many regions. Similar to the Asian philosophy of balance represented by the Ying Yang symbol, Hot Woks Cool Sushi strives to maintain the traditional balance of favorite classic dishes and seeks to merge the flavors of different ethnic regions to create a cultural evolution of taste.
Wichita, Kansas
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Tastefully understated and modern ambience. The food is very tasty, and delicious with delightful visual presentation. We ordered the Bento boxes (Chicken Teriyake and Beef) and they were good. I like the food but pricey.

Visited March 2014

Central IL
“Bento Box can't be beat!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This place is a gem. Just a block or so from Union Station. I ordered my first teriyaki Bento Box and it was beyond wonderful. Very filling. The salad that came with it had the most wonderful dressing. The beef teriyaki was very tender and the sauce was the best I ever had. I will definitely stop again at Hot Woks Cool Sushi.

• Visited June 2014
Warrenville, Illinois
“reasonable, fresh and fast”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

we were just looking for a quick easy bite to eat. Often dfficult to find unless it's fast food. this was fresh and wonderful sushi, served with my favorite Asian beer. yum!

Visited August 2013
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Amazing sushi--hard to beat”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I don't eat "real" sushi aka raw meat/seafood, so I always get shrimp or veggie and nothing even compares to HWCS. I've gotten the Mount Fuji which is a shrimp roll and the best shrimp roll I've eaten. Also, for the veggie lovers, the sweet potato roll is to die for...I actually crave it from time to time. The lunch menu is extremely reasonably priced for being downtown. 2 rolls for under $10!

• Visited July 2013
Suwanee, Georgia
“In the mood for Sushi and close by? This is a good choice!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've hit this place a couple times now because it's on the way from my business to my hotel and when you're in the mood for sushi, then you just gotta have sushi.

Sushi is solid, decent Japanese beer selection, nice/warm environment and never crowded (at least when I have visited and when I have peeked inside walking by). Service is above average but not elite.

So, as the headline says... if you are in a "I gotta have sushi" mood and close by.. hit it up!

• Visited April 2013