“Great tour for the mobility impaired!”

Chicago Private Tours
Ranked #8 of 60 Food & Drink in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive, Educational, and FUN! Chicago Private Tours invites you to discover Chicago, with the help of one of our expert guides. Our tours cater to each group’s interests, including themes such as architecture, history, culture, sports, and shopping. Each outing is customized to fit your interests and includes an expert guide, luxury vehicle, and driver. Chicago Private Tours is for clients that are looking for more than the one-size-fits-all tour. See what you want to see, when you want to see it, and how you want to see it! “Customize your Chicago Experience!”Pick-up/Drop-offChicago Private Tours always accommodates its clients and will pick up anywhere in and around the city, including airports and train stations. This is ideal for individuals who do not have a lot of time, but want to see as many of the sites as possible on their busy schedule!TransportationAll of Chicago Private Tours’ vehicles are top of the line in luxury. Our fleet of vehicles can accommodate every group size, from 1 person to large groups- always in comfort and style.LanguageAll of our guides conduct tours in English, but if you desire the tour to be given in another language, we will gladly arrange a Guide who speaks the desired language at no additional cost.(Ex. Spanish, Italian, French, German, Mandarin, Russian, Japanese, and many more!)
Millstone, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour for the mobility impaired!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My sister and I took our 85 year old mom to chicago for a girls get-a-way! She had never been to the windy city before. She is unable to walk for long distances so we were concerned how she could best see the city. I booked the tour with Chicago Private Tours and it was the best-- I mean the best way to see the city. Matt picked us up at our hotel and for the next 4 hours he held us captive. He was entertaining and knowledgable and a perfect gentleman! The highlights of the tour were going to see the Tiffany dome in the Cultural Center and Matt singing the Bears fight song as we drove past the stadium!! Although not wheelchair accessible, the van was very comnfortable.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Joan D

Sydney, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best way to Chicago”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband, two children (17 and 14) and I went on a 4 hour tour with Matt and T.J in November. They were very knowledgeable, friendly and fun. We had the best time. They both made sure that both my children enjoyed the tour. We recommend this tour to anyone. This is definitely the best and only way to see Chicago.

Visited November 2013
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Customizable and Informative”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Great experience with Matthew and TJ! Matthew is a talking encyclopedia of all things Chicago. And TJ and Matthew have a great rapport and clearly enjoy what they do. We asked to see some specific off the beaten path sites while on the tour and Matthew and TJ adjusted the tour on the spot and did not miss a beat. Would definitely do this again!

Visited December 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Must-Take Tour!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife, two sons (11 and 8) and I went on a tour with Matt and T.J. in the midst of the heavy snow on January 2nd. We have had the pleasure of visiting many cities and taking many outstanding tours, but none as wonderful as the one provided by Chicago Private Tours. Just as all the other reviewers have described, Matt and T.J. arrived ahead of time, the vehicle was extremely comfortable and we were treated like old friends. Their knowledge of the city and ability to adjust the tour based on the personal interests of their guests is incredible. I have visited Chicago many times and still learned more about the city than I could imagine. Most impressive was their ability to make the tour come alive and maintain the interest of two young boys during the entire tour while learning about Chicago's history. The entire family gives Chicago Private Tours our highest recommendation.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank 4FLFamilyTravelers
Orlando
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Excellent - worth the price and then some!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I took the evening city mini-tour with mother in early December. It was literally freezing outside and we needed something warm to do. I can't say enough about the experience we had. We were greeted at our downtown hotel by our guide about 10min prior to the start. The driver arrived exactly on time. The bus/van that we had was very comfortable and clean. It had big windows and a huge sky light window. Our guide was very, very knowledgeable about the city and began narrating immediately and didn't stop until the tour was over. He told us so much about the city. I've been to Chicago many times and have been on other tours including the double-decker bus and river boat architecture tour...but the Chicago Private Tour was by far the most informative. Since it was jus the two of us, the guide tailored the ride to our interests and was interacted with us for questions. This was a great experience and I highly recommend for anyone visiting the city and looking for a classy, personalized experience. Go for it!!

Visited December 2013