“PERFECT in so many ways!!!!”

Chicago Private Tours
Ranked #7 of 60 Food & Drink in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive, Educational, and FUN! Chicago Private Tours invites you to discover Chicago, with the help of one of our expert guides. Our tours cater to each group’s interests, including themes such as architecture, history, culture, sports, and shopping. Each outing is customized to fit your interests and includes an expert guide, luxury vehicle, and driver. Chicago Private Tours is for clients that are looking for more than the one-size-fits-all tour. See what you want to see, when you want to see it, and how you want to see it! “Customize your Chicago Experience!”Pick-up/Drop-offChicago Private Tours always accommodates its clients and will pick up anywhere in and around the city, including airports and train stations. This is ideal for individuals who do not have a lot of time, but want to see as many of the sites as possible on their busy schedule!TransportationAll of Chicago Private Tours’ vehicles are top of the line in luxury. Our fleet of vehicles can accommodate every group size, from 1 person to large groups- always in comfort and style.LanguageAll of our guides conduct tours in English, but if you desire the tour to be given in another language, we will gladly arrange a Guide who speaks the desired language at no additional cost.(Ex. Spanish, Italian, French, German, Mandarin, Russian, Japanese, and many more!)
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“PERFECT in so many ways!!!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

When I was almost 9 months pregnant, my husband and I decided to take a "baby moon" to Chicago. Since I knew walking long distances would be challenging, we didn't really have an aggressive touring plan. I was wistful about this because it was our first visit to Chicago and I was wishing we could see more of the city, history, etc. On a whim, I found Chicago Private Tours' website and was intrigued. Before looking thoroughly through the website, I had two worries: I imagined we couldn't afford a private tour guide and I get carsickness VERY easily, so when I pictured being a passenger in a vehicle for several hours (with possible stop-start traffic), I almost knew I would get sick. However, after looking at TripAdvisor reviews I decided to take a chance and call.

We were literally driving into the city when I called and it was 7:00pm on a Thursday evening. The only time we could do the tour would be Friday (we were visiting the Frank Lloyd Wright Home on Saturday), so I doubted they would be able to accommodate us. I left a message and ALMOST IMMEDIATELY received a call back! They were able to work us into their schedule, and I was so impressed right off the bat with their professionalism! My husband and I decided to do the City Tour (3-4 hours) which cost $300. We planned for them to pick us up at our hotel.

The day of the tour, we ended up being at the Art Institute and realized we'd be crunched for time to get back to our hotel in time. I called Chicago Tours and they very warmly said it would be no problem for them to pick us up at the Institute. Sure enough, George (our guide) walked in and we immediately knew it would be a great tour. A wonderful surprise was that you're taken around in a very roomy, non-claustrophobic van (instead of the small car I was imagining and fearing). Right off the bat, I told George and our driver T.J. (who is awesome!) about my carsickness. They acted like it was not a "strange" thing at all and made sure the air conditioning was always going and T.J. took extra care to stop slowly and drive smoothly. George asked us what our interests were (architecture, general Chicago history and the mob) and how much walking we wanted to do (minimal).

From the minute George started talking, we knew he would keep our attention! He had a very commanding voice but was SO personable and easy to talk to. I was also worried before the tour that it might be awkward with it just being my husband, a guide, and myself. But it was the opposite! We got to ask any questions we could think of, and it was SO personalized for us. I love the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" so George had us stop for a snack in Greek Town! SO fun and off the beaten "tourist" path! :)

I can't even express how much TIME this tour saved us (we packed in SO much in those 3-4 hours) and how enjoyable it was. It wasn't too short or too long - just right. George made sure we got the classic picture in front of the beautiful Chicago skyline, which we wouldn't have gotten otherwise! When we got back to our hotel, we just couldn't believe what a great decision it was. I would NEVER have gotten to see all that Chicago has to offer because of my physical limitations at the time and our lack of knowledge about where to focus our time, etc.

We absolutely and wholeheartedly endorse Chicago Private Tours - without a doubt, they are the absolute best!!!!!

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Ashley L

Greensboro, NC
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Absolutely The Best Way to see Chicago!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was hands down one of the best tours we have ever done. TJ (driver) and Matthew (tour guide) picked my fiancée and I up at the hotel at exactly the correct time in a full size luxury van - complete with panoramic sunroof. It was like having your own private limo and the city of Chicago at your disposal. We were able to see all of the universities, cultural centers, neighborhoods, mansion district, navy pier, examples of all the gorgeous architecture, millenium park, wrigley field, hyde park, rush street, soldier field, the Weiner Circle for lunch (per our request), president obama's house, and a lot more. The tour was professional, fun, and incredibly informative. The facts/information that Matthew has in his head is unbelievable. We chose the four hour tour - and we covered a lot of ground. It was almost brain overload!

If you want a personalized, private tour of Chicago - I cannot recommend these guys enough.

New Jersey
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We just finished our tour with Matt and T.J. -- what a terrific experience. First, we were picked up at our hotel in an immaculate, large, comfortable passenger van. The tour then began -- we chose the 2 hour tour. I had never before seen Chicago this way -- all of my prior trips had been on business. Matt is as knowledgeable about Chicago as any tour guide I've had in any city, and far more than most. He is also funny and a joy to be around. TJ knows his way around the city and the drive was as smooth as could be -- he too was funny and extremely courteous.

Simply put, this tour is only slightly more expensive than a large bus tour, but you will absolutely get far more out of it. We couldn't have been more pleased.

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“AWESOME Tour”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I booked a private city tour for my family reunion and I would have to say hands down the tour was the highlight of our weekend. Customer service was SUPERB!!! And Matt and Fabian were AWESOME!!! Matt was so knowledgable about the history and culture of the city. I have been living in the Chicago area for 10 years now and I learned so much on this tour. And Fabian was a master at navigating the craziness of the downtown street closures. I highly recommend this tour, you will not be disappointed. To Mike, Matt and Fabian-thank you for creating a special memory for The Harris Family!!!

Chicago, Illinois
“Steeles”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our driver,TJ, was prompt and skilled as well as fun and energetic. Our guide, Matthew, was well informed and gave a very detailed tour. Together they provided a fantastic personalized tour! They even sang us all the team songs as we visited the various sports fields. All in all we had the best time and we thank everyone at the company for making our visit to Chicago a great success. See you next time!

Visited July 2013