“Cute, Delicious, but Busy!”
Review of Yolk

Yolk
Ranked #111 of 10,080 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Description: Yolk is a breakfast & lunch restaurant. We use top quality ingredients & fresh produce to serve the best breakfast in Chicago! (BYOB)
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Get there early! You know when it's a busy place, it's great! TRUE of Yolk. We split the whole grain pancakes, and a delicious egg dish, I cannot recall which one, because we had a hard time choosing! Great food, and service!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Everything on the menu is really yum! The service is str8 forward. The wait staff is busy- so be NICE! THE PLACE GETS packed (that says something) so come early and expect a bit of a wait on weekends-.

Near North location is cute, South Loop is close to my place, and a GREAT way to start your day if you are visiting here on vacation. Load up on the Irish Benny and coffee- then walk it off sight seeing @ Grant/Millennium Parks... the gardens,Crown Fountain, Art Institute and Museum Campus!!! Great Value!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We ate breakfast at Yolk on a weekday morning so it was not busy at all. Service was poor. We had to flag down our server each and every time we needed a coffee or water refill, a container to go and finally our check. The food was served warm, not hot. Even the coffee was not hot. The create your own scrambler had more fillings than egg. The Nutella Crepes were delicious, but the walnuts were missing. At least the food was not greasy. The prices are ok for downtown. If all the seats were filled, it would be tight seating. The tables are placed close together. I would not go out of my way to come here.

1  Thank dressyd
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We came by about 10AM on a weekday. Counter was busy, but we were seated and served promptly. Our food was near perfect and service was efficient.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

In our view trips to downtown Chicago we have attempted to eat at this restaurant for breakfast. On most days, the line is out the door (and this is a good sized place). This time we went mid week, late morning, and were able to get seated right away. I will say that throughout our meal, etc., there was a constant flow of customers. They are prepared for the volume of folks with enough wait staff, table cleaners, cooks, etc. They assisted each other and the register folks kept a good eye when tables were opening. If you wanted eat outside that was an option today as well.

The food was good and a generous amount. I had a skillet which was tasty and my wife had french toast which was more than satisfying. The menu is such that lunch items were also available. I felt the price for what we ate was fair..especially after eating in a few local restaurants where it can get pricey. Our server, Sotiri, was excellent and conversant (which is important to me). I asked that hot sauce be delivered with the food and it did. More times than not I have to ask again..not today. All in all a good experience.