“Large Breakfast Menu”

Ranked #57 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Description: Yolk is a breakfast & lunch restaurant. We use top quality ingredients & fresh produce to serve the best breakfast in Chicago! (BYOB)
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The best part of Yolk was their large selection. There were so many choices that it's hard to make up your mind. The food was average breakfast fare. I don't think I would return. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We visited Yolk for breakfast twice during our recent trip to Chicago. Others have mentioned the wait and it is substantial. We arrived about 10:00 am the first time and waited about 45 minutes. Service was also a bit slow on this occassion. The second time we were a bit earlier and our wait was about 20 minutes. We sat outside and service was quite quick. Because of the long waits, the entry of the restaurant is filled with people waiting to be seated. It takes away from the environment quite a bit. It is also a busy and noisy restaurant. Sitting outside was a real pleasure for these reasons. The restaurant only serves breakfast and lunch. The menu is quite varied with a few unique offerings. Some healthy options are included. All of the food we tried was really good. My husband recommends asking for your potatoes to be crispy. He found them a bit unpleasant the first day but the crispy request made them much better on the second day. I had the Tour de France french toast on one trip and it was delicious. Who would think about making cake into french toast! While there were lots of families there I am not sure I would expect my kids to behave through that kind of wait. Since we were a couple on vacation, our patience level was higher then normal. Prices are quite affordable.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were only in Chicago for 4 mornings and went here twice! This is a super restaurant, at least for breakfast, which is what we experienced.
I had a pulled pork, goat cheese and fried egg concoction (can't remember what my husband had) and the second time, we had the South Beach, which was a half a pineapple filled with fruits, yoghurt and granola sprinkles. MMmm, good.
Coffee is good (and we are coffee snobs), service is fast and price is reasonable.
We were glad we found it.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Made it here for breakfast - was extremely impressed by the wide selection and interesting choises. Everyone really enjoyed their selection and staff was super accommodating for our large group.

Devil's food French toast was great- also have healthier options that were tastey.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Very long line but definitely worth the wait. The best coffee, fresh orange juice and wonderful breakfast. Fast and efficient, no wonder this place is so popular.