- 1 (312) 313-6194
- Email hotel
- Free Wifi
- Room service
This is a huge disappointment. When you book you need to make sure you are not on the side of the building that that is immediately above the fire station. Yep, sirens much of the time. This is not a temporary building site. This is a proper fire station. Warning needs to be provided.
Room series is shocking: no plates; everything in plastic takeaway packages; plastic cutlery; cool to the touch, etc. I could go on and on. While staying in several hundred four star hotels (which I think this hotel is supposed to be), I cannot think of any similar experience. I ordered room service twice and the experience was the same. After insisting on getting plates, I receive one that surely was the dirties plate I have ever received by room service. The odd thing is that the staff is pleasant. The carpet in the room is tired and the balconies have no furniture, but the over experience minus room service is a 3 to 4. By the way, I live in Central London right on one of the busiest intersections in the city, next to St Paul's Cathedral. I know noise. This situation at the hotel should be the subject of a warning. In the end, their corporate office clearly has decided to take a 3 star approach for a 4 star hotel, to the detriment of the excellent staff.
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced throughout your stay. We are currently looking into options to provide more detail on our surroundings throughout our booking experience. Regarding the rooms service, we have recently introduced a Knock and Drop concept, where food is delivered in recyclable plastic containers for the convenience of the guest. Again, we would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay and hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.
EVENT PLANNERS - Please, please pick a different venue. Based on my experiences at this venue at conferences, there are better venues available because:
1) Several cell phone carriers do not have signals in the main session rooms. Yikes!
2) I have been served fish that is not fresh and overall the catering is not at the level one would expect (A churro at afternoon break is supposed to be soft, not as hard as a pretzel), there are venues in Chicago with much better catering if you do your research.
3) The multi-floor layout is challenging if you have elderly or disabled attendees. Heck, it is hard for all attendees, to go from the second floor to the first floor to another bank of elevators that take you to a room on the third floor in another building part. People wander the hallways and are late or just give up and talk in the hallways with each other instead of hearing your intended messages.
4) The venue is not near the L trains and to get to this venue one needs to walk up one of the few hills in Chicago if walking from the L, not ideal with a suitcase.
5) One has to navigate a distance and deal with the split level part of the city to get to the prime restaurant area in River North
6) Bathroom capacities are inadequate, especially after long sessions. This lowers the quality of the networking time.
7) When attempting to bring the cellphone signal and catering issues to management, they ignore the feedback and do not respond to you at all.
Based on this, I urge all event planners planning a corporate event to seek a different venue based on my experiences at conferences here. Thank you.
I wish you good luck in your search for a great venue for your corporate event.
Dear David D,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. Regarding the cell service throughout your conference, unfortunately there was a carrier issue occurring beyond our control that impacted service throughout the neighborhood. We are in the process of installing new equipment on-property to help remedy this situation in the future. Although this particular conference’s menu did not include fish, we regret to hear that you found the food offerings to be unsatisfactory and will pass along these comments to the team to consider future improvements. Regarding the layout of our meeting spaces, we invite all guests to make use of the ramps and elevators located on the lobby level and at the end of the foyer leading to the second floor to make their way to their conference rooms comfortably. We have restrooms located towards the back of the lobby in the art gallery, within Filini Restaurant, in the Atlantic Ballroom foyer, and in the back corner of the second floor meeting spaces within the Pacific Foyer. Again, we appreciate your feedback and invite you to continue contacting us directly via email as you did throughout your conference so we may continue to address any concerns you may have while on-site. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
I stayed at the hotel with my family. It was a wonderful experience. Concierge desk manager Mr. Udo Mankiewicz was extremely helpful. He went out of his way to help us in every possible manner. I lost direction and he stood with me over phone and guided me with every street, till i reached hotel entrance safely. He was there to greet us at the main entrance and every possible help I need was provided to me by him. My family cannot thank him enough.
I will definitely recommend this hotel for stay and will surely consider for my future stays.
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share your feedback. We'll be sure to pass along your comments to Udo! Your recommendation is highly appreciated and we hope to welcome you again soon.